• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Annual Canvass - please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Canvass - please help

I registered to vote after aquiring British Citizenship last year. Now I am being send an email from local council asking to update list with all people who lives in the house with their names and nationalities.

Problem is i live in a shared house where I dont know 80% of the people as they keep moving in and out all the time. Cut long story short this is a massive house with a lot of people who work different days and times and SURELY I cannot be made to knock onto their doors asking for their details and possibly get into trouble for invading their privacy, this sounds to me more like a job for my landlord who knows exactly who lives in the house.

What do I do with it now because I start now regreting registering on it.
    Tags: None

You sound like a long term tenant, you want to vote, so just give them your details, I'm sure if other tenants want to vote, they can register and supply their details.

Other members will also advise.

Comment

just fill in your own details and anybody else in your flat the other tenants have their own. only means say you live on your own then fill in your name or tick as they tend to preprint known occupant, any other living in same rooms as you also if applicable. other residents have to fill in their own as separate living accommodation.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        just fill in your own details and anybody else in your flat the other tenants have their own. only means say you live on your own then fill in your name or tick as they tend to preprint known occupant, any other living in same rooms as you also if applicable. other residents have to fill in their own as separate living accommodation.
        Thats not gonna work. They asking for entire household. No chance I am gonna lie for £1000 fine and prison sentence

Comment

Originally posted by Onetwo13 View Post

Thats not gonna work. They asking for entire household. No chance I am gonna lie for £1000 fine and prison sentence
          How would you be lying?

You just have to declare your right to vote at that address. I'm sure the Council has a help desk to address such queries.

Comment

Your problem is in not understanding that the term "household" in this case does not refer to everyone in the building, but to those living in a single unit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X