• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No camera recording in the Magistrate's Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No camera recording in the Magistrate's Court

Magistrate courts are extremely resistant to the idea of people camera recording their own cases. Is this legal? The Magistrate's Court is a public building.
    Tags: None

Yes and you can come and watch a case (except in certain circumstances). Recording is not allowed. Who would wish to be a witness against someone if they were being recorded by the defendant or their family. The rules are there for a reason. Can you tell us what your problem is with the Magistrates court rather than asking lots of individual questions. Do you have a council tax liability order case coming up for example?

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
      Yes and you can come and watch a case (except in certain circumstances). Recording is not allowed. Who would wish to be a witness against someone if they were being recorded by the defendant or their family. The rules are there for a reason. Can you tell us what your problem is with the Magistrates court rather than asking lots of individual questions. Do you have a council tax liability order case coming up for example?
      Recording is not allowed - who is not allowing it and what authority do they have not to allow it? I thought photography was legal in all public places.

Comment

Is it legal in Crown Court?

Comment

It has long been a criminal offence to record or phootgraph court proceedings without the court's permission - it is classed as contempt of court.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Barker View Post

I thought photography was legal in all public places.
            Try photographing children in a public playground or bikini clad women on a beach and quoting that to the police when you get arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

Try photographing children in a public playground or bikini clad women on a beach and quoting that to the police when you get arrested.
              True. But the arrest would not be for filming in a public place. I would prefer to film a magistrate's court which claimed to have a magistrate present but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Barker View Post

True. But the arrest would not be for filming in a public place. I would prefer to film a magistrate's court which claimed to have a magistrate present but didn't.
                So long as you are prepared to potentially risk jail time, go for it.
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Can you time travel? If you are trying to prove that something that happened several years ago happened without a magistrate and are able to film it happening then why are you worried? Use your time travel abilities to make a few bets and pay off the debt that way?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X