• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Face Masks re Covid-19 - Mandatory?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face Masks re Covid-19 - Mandatory?

Recently ventured into my local Lidl store for provisions and was not surprised to find a couple complete with child stood at the checkout minus face masks.
    Further surprised to note that not one member of staff approached them either for an explanation, or to ask them to leave. Anyone else encountering this?
    My parents live in Spain and trust me, if you are not wearing a face mask you do not even get inside a supermarket.
    Tags: None

There are lawful exemptions to wearing a mask that would otherwise be mandatory.

It has also been reported in the media that some shops have announced that they will not challenge those not wearing a mask citing that it is not their role to enforce the law.

Comment

Look at it from my point of view. I have an exemption to not wearing a mask due to medical conditions and on the few occasions I have been out have been OK & not challenged. However wanting to "do my bit" I purchased a face visor and now wear that as my contribution.

Comment

Ploddertom - Ditto"!!"

Comment

Mike770 are you wearing a Ditto???

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post

Mike770 are you wearing a Ditto???

May be he cannot spell properly!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post

May be he cannot spell properly!!!!
              Oh Errr mrs

Comment

Email from Lidl CEO today saying that masks are required, someone at the door, and if you don't have one you will be supplied with one at the door and pay at the till.

Comment

I never wear a mask in shops or transport. I downloaded an exemption card from the TfL website. All it says is, I am exempt from wearing a face covering. If they asked me why I was exempt, I would say, it would cause me severe distress to wear a face covering. This is a valid gov.uk exemption. It says nothing about physical or mental disorders. If they were to say, medical exemptions only, I would just repeat my exemption over and over and let them draw their own conclusions.

Comment

Every country had its own regulations for wearing masks, but we had to wear them when travelling. It was hard to do it during long flights, but that's almost over now. I still have masks when travelling, but the only ones I'm using are from https://72hours.ca/collections/surgical-mask. I can breathe well, and I even forget I'm wearing one.
                    There are talks about a new potential monkeypox pandemic, but I hope it won't happen. I'm not sure we can survive another one as big as Covid was.
                    I like not wearing masks everywhere now, but I'm ready if I have to wear them again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X