• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aviva and Capita

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviva and Capita

My wife has received a letter out of the blue from Aviva asking if they have the correct address for her. They have used her former name (before we married) which she still uses from time to time.

The letter mentions an address that she has a remote connection to and it appears to be connected to an insurance policy

I am suspicious as the form to be completed is asking for things like NI number and date of birth, previous names and addresses, all things for stealing ID

Going to the website they give it appears to be connected with Capita, though not obvious

Either my wife is the beneficiary of somone's insurance policy or it's a clever scam. The telephone number they give responds with message saying no one working today (Saturday)

Anyone seen this combination of companies?
    Tags: None

AVIVA do use Capita as a tracing service.
    If you are concerned contact AVIVA on a telephone number gleaned from their website (https://www.aviva.co.uk/help-and-support/contact-us/)
    They should be able to confirm or deny.

Comment

So we have found out that there are 2 policies that appear to have my wife as beneficiary. One is paid up, the other we couldn't get the status for. My wife knew nothing at all about this, conjecture says they were something to do with her deceased ex husband. Just waiting for the email

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X