• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pole trek needs last explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole trek needs last explorer

As a direct descendant of Sir Ernest Shackleton (my mum rarely stopped going on about it) I was interested to read this.

Not that I'm remotely interested in putting my name forward mind. Death by hypothermia must be the worst way to go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7580913.stm

Re: Pole trek needs last explorer

It's not as bad as all that. The feeling of cold soon passes, to be replaced by a number of symptoms but one that is widely reported is euphoria. One gets a sense that everything is fine. I have heard tell of stories about people dying of hypothermia who happily stripped off with a smile on their face. Others I have experience of just behaved like annoying drunks, until they warmed up enough again.

Comment

I have put Amy's name down for it, as I'm sure she would love to go to a more benign environment than north kent

Comment

Originally posted by Niklowe View Post
        I have put Amy's name down for it, as I'm sure she would love to go to a more benign environment than north kent
        Cool, I rather like stiff things.

Comment

Hmmm.....cold stiff things are usually dead.

Didn't have you down as a necrophiliac LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
            Hmmm.....cold stiff things are usually dead.
            True, except if they are men traveling to the South Pole. I was rather hoping they would know to bring their thermals.

Oh and the wine.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X