• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OFT uses power to suspend a credit licence for the first time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFT uses power to suspend a credit licence for the first time

The OFT has today suspended, with immediate effect, the consumer credit licence of Staffordshire-based Donegal Finance Limited – trading as Donegal Finance, Donegal Investigations and Donegal Recovery.

More...
    Tags: None

Re: OFT uses power to suspend a credit licence for the first time

About time too. There's several hundred more out there I could point them too now they've got the ball rolling!

Comment

OOOOOOOOH i wonder what they did (nosy cow I am)

Bout time they started moving.. any bets on the next one?

Comment

I bet it will be a long time.

Comment

We'll protect consumers, we are on your side, see what we did to this no mark company you've never heard of who won't have the fighting funds that some of the bigger scumbags have !! We at the OFT are marvellous.

What a crock of shite.

M1

Comment

From what I can gather it seems to be these people?

The Repo Man Channel 4 - Official website | Donegal Investigations

Comment

oh them scuzzbuckets!!

well done OFT is all I can say!!

Comment

From what I can see they have had the powers to suspend a CCA Licence since February 2013. Here is the guidance issued at the time: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...es/OFT1480.pdf
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

From what has been posted here, suspending or revoking that Licence will have no effect whatever on that company.

It is just PR flim-flam.

Comment

I agree with Leclerc and CC to some extent. However, living as a cynic all the time is not good. Occasionally we should welcome the fact they have actually done something.

It is the same with the bailiff guidance I've just posted up about. Sure, there's nothing new except the bit about working with free debt advisers, which I've not seen before, and EXCEPTING the fact the government have seen fit to write the guidance and put a whole load of niggling issues together in one place and deal with them. It's a step forward.

As the song says, 'You've got to accentuate the positive!'

Comment

In terms of having any effect, it is roughly as useful as new guidelines issued to the militia on how to use an arquebus.

Comment

Every starts with a step sayeth the optimistic Labman!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X