• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOS - What use are they

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOS - What use are they

I've complained to them about a number of organisations mostly to do with PPI and have not had one single case where they have found for me.

The last as an example being the most outrageous.

I complained that Egg and Cap 1 had taken nearly £4000 (inc interest) & £2000 in PPI from my credit cards with them . I supplied a copies of the agreements that show I clearly did not request these services.

In the case of Egg they provided the FOS with a screen dump of a page where the box for PPI says accepted, its not clear whether or not that this dump is related to my account.

The FOS found for Egg on the grounds that I did not question the statements I received and that the screen dump clearly indicates agreement. I've escalated this complaint on the grds that my paperwork clearly states i did not apply for it.

In the case of CAP 1 the box on the agreement is ticked that states I do not want PPI . The FOS cound for CAP 1 on the basis that again I did not question my statement and CAP 1 stated that I requested this service over the phone (they conveniently can't provide the transcript).

In both cases the documentary evidence is in my favour yet they find for the Banks, am I missing something?

Ok I missed the amounts in the statements, until I found sites like this I knew nothing of how the finance industry worked, I paid these amounts no heed as I assumed them as interest for using the card.

Has anyone had any success what so ever with the FOS on anything to do with Banks and Finance industries, I'd be interested to hear your story.

Another example

Ombudsman agreement decision - Legal Beagles
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Re: FOS - What use are they

How come you did not argue that it was missold because the policy at the time did not suit your needs. At the moment, the case was about what is reasonable. As they have stated it would be reasonable for you to have questioned it when the statement arrived and PPI was on it. I think the argument you used perhaps could have been better.
    What evidence did you have that you didn't apply for it?

Comment

My complaints included the fact that I had mortgage and work insurances covering me for sickness.

The evidence of eyesight neither form contained my consent in the appropriate box.
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

The Ombudsman has found for Egg with my escalated claim for PPI on the grounds that the box was ticked yet there is no other evidence that I required or requested the product.

The FOS are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard

Comment

Originally posted by frisp View Post
          The Ombudsman has found for Egg with my escalated claim for PPI on the grounds that the box was ticked yet there is no other evidence that I required or requested the product.

The FOS are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard
          Were you eligible for ALL the cover under it?
          Did you have adequate cover outside of that agreement at the time it was taken out?
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          also, is the ticked box a default one, ie you are opted in unless you untick the box?
          Last edited by natweststaffmember; 18th April 2010, 09:08:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The FOS said eligibility was not relevant i.e. the fact that I had other insurance did not matter. I mentioned the ticked box a number of times and muted that point but they still found for egg.

like I said chocolate fireguard

thanks anyway

Comment

The FOS said eligibility was not relevant i.e. the fact that I had other insurance did not matter. I mentioned the ticked box a number of times and muted that point but they still found for egg.

like I said chocolate fireguard

thanks anyway
              Eligibility is relevant where a term is not covered by the PPI but yet you have agreed to it.

online PPI resource,what are the relevant considerations in deciding PPI sales-complaints?

Was the PPI box ticked or unticked when you actually went to apply for the loan? I am assuming it was all done online.

Comment

It was online, the FOS say they have chk'd the web page and are satisfied that I ticked the box even though I never do.

They say eligibility is not an issue and have closed the complaint, end of thanks for your help nattie, I can't afford to go to court so I've come to the end of the line with this one.

Comment

It was online, the FOS say they have chk'd the web page and are satisfied that I ticked the box even though I never do.
                  Is there anyway of you getting hold of the paperwork since you dispute their version? Surely that information would not be confidential cos it is about your individual complaint and specifically about how their website was constructed with regards to applications on the date concerned?
                  They say eligibility is not an issue and have closed the complaint, end of thanks for your help nattie, I can't afford to go to court so I've come to the end of the line with this one.
                  The only issue for me is the tick box. The eligibility bit was probably an aside.

With Cap One they should always be able to audit an account since if it was added post sale of the credit card there HAS to be a note or there has to be access of your records.
                  I can see how the FOS have come to the Cap 1 decision but was there anything happening in your personal life causing extreme stress where you would not have checked the second page of the credit card statement(since it is not usually stated on the front page of the statement)?

Comment

I'll check my egg data pack and see what I can come up with

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X