• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do i need to write to financial ombudsmen or housing ombudsmen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need to write to financial ombudsmen or housing ombudsmen?

Hi all, I've got everything crossed that I get either pointed in the right direction to get the help I desperately need, or that there is someone on here that loves a battle for financial compensation as housing association have accepted responsibility and admits guilt. But then reduces my life and life of my children's past present and future to a gesture of goodwill. After a fire i was not expected to survive for first few days and 3 weeks in hospital. Fire was caused by a medical condition called Cataplexy i have 4 other serious disabilities also. We new majority of of clothes and furnishings had to be thrown out by clearance company. After repairs im a few months we would return to our home. But nothing would be happening on our home during lockdown. We would be informed before any contractors started clearing and work on the house. Written advice from Housing officer was she would not recommend especially me going anywhere at the moment she would recommend my son does the same, stay in amd stay safe. She then double checked that info was told all still being hoing through their insurance company. As soon as they are given a date for work yo start we would be informed so as a family we could go back and try and retrieve whatever we could all our personal items like our photo amd jewelley(not much), thibgs like our perfumes amd consoles/games sentimental things like necklace that my mum had made for me engraved and a letter before she passed away last May. My aunty mums sister came from shrewsbury to mums in Milford Haven the night she passed and gave them to me and my sisters, i also took.old photos and an album back with me after the funeral to get some pics enlarged of our childhood, and of my mum and ten brothers and* sisters with my nan and grandad, and further back with their parents and 1 pic at the back of gramdparents with their grand parents. I was told by sisters not to touch the 2 back pages of album as the photo's were so old the looked ready to disintegrate. And to look adter them anf bring them back next time i go down.* None of sister are speaking to me after this. breakdown in communication their end lead the message from our housing officer was not passed on. And when the contractors started they asked what to do with all.our personal items they were told by housing association to get rid of everything we had plenty of time to get stuff and had taken what we wanted to keep...every trace of our lives have gone.and some ornaments vases and sets of glasses mirrors that did not need to go, they were dirty but could have been cleaned easily and some metal and glass tall stands. No need to bin them. I had everything from my pregnancy scans to daughter to daughter's passing out parade photos and uni graduation pics last year. Internal rugby caps 3 framed but had a load more. All exsistance of her and my son's childhood erased along with birth certificates and passports.* I would really love to imagine this had happened to you and your family and no chance if it being replaced, what you would expect to be a reasonable offer or at least a first offer for breaking your hear everyday for the past month since it happened since everything dumped in a quarry*
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X