• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays how do you get this soooooo wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays how do you get this soooooo wrong

So as I tweeted recently I have had a case involving one of the debt purchasers get handed to me This debt purchaser will remain nameless at the moment. So the client made a statutory request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a copy of their agreement. The debt purchaser reverted to Barclays who […]

Read More on Paul's blog...
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.
    Tags: None

Hi,
    My very very elderly mum had a rat trying to jump on her bed while she was in it.
    I only discovered the rat because she was unwell and I had to stay overnight to tend
    to her needs, This was around 3am in the morning so I had to get help to move her from the
    downstairs room where the rat was to upstairs as she is disabled and cannot move around without two people's help. Upon getting upstairs in one of the other bedrooms I also discovered another rat,
    I got hold of the council later that morning as her landlords are the housing community because this was during the pandemic council informed me that they cannot enter the property and therefore could not deal with the rats. As this was an emergency as rodents are a hazard to health and she lives on her own I had to help her get someone private to attend to the rodents.
    I informed the Housing community and they told me that removing rodents from the home was up to the tenant to do, In her tenancy agreement there is nothing that states that either tenant or Landlord should remove rodents. The root course of the rodents getting in was through a whole in the external wall of the home.
    My mum had to pay a large sum out of her pension that she could barely afford to get the rodents out and ensure there were no more rodents in the house.

I have requested the Housing Community to reimburse her because she needs to use her money for her ever increasing needs due to her disability and I'm informed they would not do it because it is not their call to get rodents out. I have told them that it is impossible for a disabled elderly person to deal with the situation and that rodents are a health hazard and does not make the property habitable and that the government had mentioned that during the pandemic Landlords should ensure properties are habitable this has been to no avail and I feel the reasoning is not justified especially since it's not specifically mentioned in the contract that it's up to the tenant.
    Could I kindly get your opinion on this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X