• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trust Ford

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust Ford

I have a Ford Transit van , 3Years old With 46000 miles on the clock, on May 5th my van broke down, I had my vehicle recovered and my garage informed me that the timing chain had broke and I should contact Ford, I spent the next 4weeks emailing customer relations,the chairman,and the CEO, within this time I received a recall letter for my van for a faulty oil pump , eventually customer relations replied with , it's got nothing to do with us go back to the dealership.
    Having spoken to the dealership I bought the vehicle from they told me to have the vehicle brought into them to access the damage, my vehicle was with them for 4weeks, I was contacted by the dealership to inform me that the vehicle had been repaired at there cost.
    Within the time my vehicle was out of action I have incurred costs for a hire vehicle, storage charges, recovery charges and initial charges from my garage. Ford inform me that these costs can not be recovered from them , My argument is , had they informed me of the recall for the oil pump , my vehicle would not have been damaged,, as they have carried out the work on my vehicle without my permission, they have accepted liability in its entirety. Which should also include the costs I have incurred due to there negligence.
    Where do I stand

PJ
    Tags: None

Re: Trust Ford

Hi.
    Was the van purchased by you as an individual, or was it a company purchase?
    Did you purchase the van new?
    If purchased as second hand : when and what was the mileage?
    The relevant consumer protection legislation will depend on the answers to the above.

Initial feelings are that the dealership were liable as they sold a vehicle that was not fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality.
    Costs incurred because of that failure can also be claimed.

Comment

Des8
      Thank you for your reply to my query, The van was bought as a demonstrator with 9000 on the clock in 2013 I am a sole trader and the vehicle was bought in my own name

Comment

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 requires goods to be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.
        Your contract is with the dealership.
        The goods would seem to have been unsatisfactory, as evidenced by the recall and the free of charge repair.

Under The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002When a consumer suffers loss as a direct consequence of a faulty product he may be able to claim damages.. Claims for consequential loss do not normally cover distress,inconvenience or disappointment..
        The important word here is "direct"

I would suggest initially you write to the dealership pointing out their responsibilities, detail your losses and request their proposals for dealing with the matter.
        If you were eventually to initiate court action, you need to be seen to have been reasonable at all times.

Comment

Thank you so much for your advice , I will pen a letter this weekend and keep you posted
          Thanks. PJJ

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X