• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scott schedule advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott schedule advice

I have been asked by the judge to attend a 30min meeting and to take what's called a Scott schedule. See earlier power for details of case.
    I'd be interested in any advice regarding this. Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Scott schedule advice

A Scott Schedule is a way of setting out individual elements of a claim in a table or spreadsheet. Open up Excel, and start adding in columns.

Column A - Description
    Column B - Amount
    Column C - Basis for Claim
    Column D - Claimant's Comments
    Column E - Defendant's Comments

Comment

Does it need to be done by a professional ? As I don't know cost for repairs etc.

Comment

Nope, anybody can do it. Estimate the cost, then add your comments as to why it is "claimable". Other side adds theirs, and the judge will be guided by that.

Comment

Surely I could put whatever riduculous cost I want then.
          Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Yes, you could. I could sue you for £1million for the advice I just gave you, and put it in a Scott Schedule, doesn't mean I'm gonna get it when I come to explain it to the judge at trial.

Comment

Hahah very true. Thanks again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X