• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ms D Little

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms D Little

Hi I had my honda car into honda Swansea November 2014 for an ongoing intermittent problem for a diagnostics test . I voiced to Honda Swansea that I didn't believe the fault would show on the diagnostics test as the fault was not showing at that moment in time , they charged me £ 70 for the privlidege. In Nov 2015 the car was involved in accident , shortly after the car showed the fault again . I sent the car to be repaired via the insurance as it was a none runner at the time they then sent it to Gordon's Honda Bolton which came back sayin it was the E.C.U unit that it was not related to the accident an the cost would cost £1209.00 to repair . I then paid the cost of repair on return I believe my car to be in good working order . I got in my car to go on a short journey to my doctors when it happened again car just stopped as if the immobilizer had come into effect. Got back in touch with Honda Bolton arranged to call in , called in they said the car has another problem and have to have another diagnostic test chargeable I came away to discuss the matter with my son. Again my car broke down again the RAC was called and once again could not read the ECU unit so I got on the phone to Honda Bolton where the ECU was fitted and believed to be repaired they then inform me that the checks on the vehicle was chargeable even tho I'd only just had the car repaired by them, they then informed me that the company had just changed from Gordon's Honda to Honda Swansea so I'm now left with a none runner can anyone help or give advice as what I should do now as I not sure where I stand
    Tags: None

Re: Ms D Little

Originally posted by Deborah little View Post
    Hi I had my honda car into honda Swansea November 2014 for an ongoing intermittent problem for a diagnostics test . I voiced to Honda Swansea that I didn't believe the fault would show on the diagnostics test as the fault was not showing at that moment in time , they charged me £ 70 for the privlidege. In Nov 2015 the car was involved in accident , shortly after the car showed the fault again . I sent the car to be repaired via the insurance as it was a none runner at the time they then sent it to Gordon's Honda Bolton which came back sayin it was the E.C.U unit that it was not related to the accident an the cost would cost £1209.00 to repair . I then paid the cost of repair on return I believe my car to be in good working order . I got in my car to go on a short journey to my doctors when it happened again car just stopped as if the immobilizer had come into effect. Got back in touch with Honda Bolton arranged to call in , called in they said the car has another problem and have to have another diagnostic test chargeable I came away to discuss the matter with my son. Again my car broke down again the RAC was called and once again could not read the ECU unit so I got on the phone to Honda Bolton where the ECU was fitted and believed to be repaired they then inform me that the checks on the vehicle was chargeable even tho I'd only just had the car repaired by them, they then informed me that the company had just changed from Gordon's Honda to Honda Swansea so I'm now left with a none runner can anyone help or give advice as what I should do now as I not sure where I stand

If the company has changed names then that doesn't affect their obligations. If the ECU was replaced/repaired and then there are still ongoing issues with the ECU then in my view they shouldn't be charging for the work as they have already carried out a repair on it, that being said if the fault then derives from another problem and they have repaid something that doesn't require repairing then you could have a argument against them.

Problem with cars is that although one problem that is thought to fix it if other problems arise as a result then they could be entitled to charge for it, and reasonably compensated for any work carried out. On this occasion however if the ECU uunit has recently been repaired and only a short time afterwards the same issue previously occurred then the work carried out may not have been done with reasonable skill and care and/or it may not have needed the repair in the first place, the only way I guess would be to get a second opinion from somewhere else as to what the problem might be - again probably at some cost.

Do we know if they are affiliates of Honda or independant companies? do you have their addresses?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Do you know any other Honda car repair companies I can use other than Honda Swansea to gain a second opinion

Comment

Google might be your answer to that if you are looking for an authorised honda garage. Otherwise you could try here for a second opinion http://www.goodgaragescheme.com/
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X