• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marlin Europe V Limited / Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Europe V Limited / Restons Solicitors

Hi,

I was hoping for advice please.

I had a HSBC Credit Card debt from a while ago, I estimate around (2000) in 2008 the balance was approximately £5000, I wasn’t working at the time and could not pay the agreed monthly payment, I had little choice but to pay them a token payment of approx £8 per month which I have been doing so each month, last year around April I received a letter from Marlin in regards to the said debt advising they took over the account. I didn’t reply to them and continued paying HSBC directly each month via standing order.

Last month I noticed the HSBC payment bounced back, i.e. showed the standing order payment as paid but then immediately a credit back on my account (end of October). Within a couple of days, I received a letter from Marlin advising they are passing onto Reston Solicitors to deal with.

I received a letter today from Reston Solicitors advising that they are instructed by their Client Marlin V Limited to seek the immediate payment from me plus interest as appropriate. They ask that I pay them the full amount by the 26th of November failing that they will have instructions to issue a claim against me in the county court.

They go onto say they client may be prepared to accept payment by instalments or that they may allow me to pay specially discounted settlement figure and I should call them if interested (phone Reston).

I am wondering how I should respond to this, via a CCA request or a SAR request? Should I send this Marlin or / and Reston?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Marlin Europe V Limited / Restons Solicitors

Good afternoon. welcome to LB,

Marlin 5 is a debt purchaser within the Cabot group of companies and it now owns your debt.
    Yes send a CCA request to Reston in this case £1 statutory fee payable ( Use a Postal Order endorsed for statutory fee only).
    There is a template for this in the forum library send by signed for post.
    Unfortunately the payments made mean that the debt is not statute barred.

Do you know id the bank has passed your payments on to Marlin?

nem

Comment

Hi,

thanks, yes the payments would have been sent to Marlin, as just last month the HSBC payments bounced back and the letters only came just after, I'm assuming that is why Marlin / Reston are writing to me.

Would I send the CCA to Marlin or Reston Solicitors, Marlin is the DCA and Reston is the Solicitors acting on their behalf.

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Rawz View Post
        Hi,

thanks, yes the payments would have been sent to Marlin, as just last month the HSBC payments bounced back and the letters only came just after, I'm assuming that is why Marlin / Reston are writing to me.

Would I send the CCA to Marlin or Reston Solicitors, Marlin is the DCA and Reston is the Solicitors acting on their behalf.

thank you
        If Restons have not given Marlins full contact details send the CCA request to them, if they have provided contact details send to Marlin.

nem

Comment

they have not on the letter I received but I got letters from Marlin last week telling me they are sending to Reston

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X