• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot

Well l have received many letters from Cabot every few months concerning a debt l had back in 2003 just wanted to know if this is ilegal harassment ? Do l have to pay it back after so long.

Also l have been trying to recover bank charges from my bank account l had for 4 years but l have been told its a card management fee not a Bank charge. Always thought it was the same thing. We're charging me 12.50 to use my card.
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot

Originally posted by Mooks View Post
    Well l have received many letters from Cabot every few months concerning a debt l had back in 2003 just wanted to know if this is ilegal harassment ? Do l have to pay it back after so long.

Also l have been trying to recover bank charges from my bank account l had for 4 years but l have been told its a card management fee not a Bank charge. Always thought it was the same thing. We're charging me 12.50 to use my card.
    Hi welcome to LB,

A letter every few months certainly does not amount to harassment.

What is the debt from 2003? Is this the date the account was opened?
    When was the last payment or written acknowledgment of the debt Cabot are pursuing?

Credit Card Fees or Debit Card " packaged" current account with a monthly subscription to get extra benefits?

nem

Comment

The debt was a bank loan back in 2002/3..
      Cabot has contacted me this week last time was couple of months ago still asking for payment. Surely its to long ago to ask for payment.

As to the other answer l guess then l haven't a leg to stand on so to speak..
      It was a debit card account and the ombudsman told me to go for it.

Comment

Cabot has contacted me this week last time was couple of months ago still asking for payment. Surely its to long ago to ask for payment.

You can certainly try getting the charges back try making a Formal Complaint to a Director of the bank concerned.

As for Cabot I suspect the debt is staute barred but unless you inform Cabot that this is the case they will continue to
        chase it.

To Cabot:

Cabot's ref: No:
        Sir/Madam,

I refer to your regular contact regarding an alleged debt for £ xxx.xx Please take note I do not
        acknowledge any debt to Cabot.

The alleged debt is statute barred under the provisions of the Limitation Act 1980 therefore I will not make any payment now of in the future.

Cabot will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from its record systems and will confirm in writing that it has done so.

No further correspondence will be entered in to.

Use signed for post.

nem

Comment

Well thanks for that might try it its very difficult for me to pay anything as lm classed as disabled epileptic and recently had a stroke which has made my memory not good. The debt itself it over 3 grand from a bank loan when l split up from my partner had to move out had nothing.

Comment

How long since you last made a payment?
            Well thanks for that might try it its very difficult for me to pay anything as lm classed as disabled epileptic and recently had a stroke which has made my memory not good. The debt itself it over 3 grand from a bank loan when l split up from my partner had to move out had nothing.
            It the debt is statute barred, there's no reason to pay a penny! :thumb:

The burden of proof is on them to show it is not SBd.

Comment

Hi Mooks,
              You are most certainly in my opinion a " vulnerable person" and your creditors should take a " step back" when attempting to recover debts and take due consideration of your condition.

Are you now living on benefits alone?

nem

Comment

Yes l am on ESA struggle just to survive but most people on Esa are finding it hard.

Comment

Yes l am on ESA struggle just to survive but most people on Esa are finding it hard.
                  OK the " proposition " that the debt is statute barred, we can put this forward in a formal letter to Cabot which I will happily
                  help you with if you wish.

nem

Comment

Thanks but how do we do it ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X