• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fighting the uk gagging law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fighting the uk gagging law

Tories put Lobbying Bill on hold over fears of embarrassing defeat in House of Lords
    Climbdown viewed as ‘humiliating’ after MPs claimed vested interests were being let off the hook

The Government has put the most controversial part of its Lobbying Bill on hold as it struggles to secure the measure’s passage through Parliament.
    In an unusual move, ministers shelved for five weeks a debate on its plans to restrict campaigning by charities so they can rethink them. The retreat was seen as an attempt to head off an embarrassing defeat in the House of Lords tonight, where peers were threatening to delay the Bill for three months.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-8923325.html

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Tories put Lobbying Bill on hold over fears of embarrassing defeat in House of Lords
      Climbdown viewed as ‘humiliating’ after MPs claimed vested interests were being let off the hook

The Government has put the most controversial part of its Lobbying Bill on hold as it struggles to secure the measure’s passage through Parliament.
      In an unusual move, ministers shelved for five weeks a debate on its plans to restrict campaigning by charities so they can rethink them. The retreat was seen as an attempt to head off an embarrassing defeat in the House of Lords tonight, where peers were threatening to delay the Bill for three months.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-8923325.html

It would be better if the Lords gave the Tories a thumping tonight and delayed the Bill for three months. It would certain p*ss-off certain factions within the ConDem government, as well as vested interests.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        My MP's twitter handle is @BolsoverBeast - which always makes me grin

pmsl

There's also some 38degrees campaign stuff about the Fire Service on there.
        Talking about Owen Patterson's remark about badgers shifting the goalposts, Amethyst, I have this picture in my mind of badgers dressed in hard hats and hi-viz vests moving goalposts on playing fields with bullets whistling past them. If I could make a YouTube video of that, it would make Owen Patterson look the complete and total prat that he truly is for making such a ridiculous statement.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X