• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Checking for new Employees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Checking for new Employees

Yeah i had mixed dealins with the staff at my local jobcentre, most of them were friendly and great help and nice to deal with, but there was one or two and particularly staff from other towns covering for staff holidays, that would get my back up. Though one normal member of staff admitted to me once, that because they know what am like when dealt with unfairly and because they know its pointless trying to mislead me or force anything on me on the basis its mandatory, that if they can they do whatever they can to make sure i am seen by a normal member of staff and not those covering - Though some were actually pretty good looking lol

I actually still speak to a couple of members of staff at the job centre when i see them now and get on well with them, so they are not all that bad, its just those that are trained to be target focused rather than focused on the needs of the jobseeker that **** me and no doubt everyone else off.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I think it is where you live that determines what the job center is like , We are lucky as we are rural and our job center staff are very village orinentated and if you have any problems they will see you right away trhe customer service is excellent and so freindly, after signing on I do go away from their feeling that they do care ask your opinions , hiw you feel about the jobs they offer before forcing you into it, you leave feeling just a little bit less down
      sigpic

Comment

I agree, i live in a rural market town, the staff that come in to cover holidays are usually from nearest larger town or from nearest City, same for a couple of normal staff members being from out of larger towns or from the city too. Though they soon learnt not to **** me off by lying to me lol.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Mr M here too lazy to use my own computer. What really annoys me the most in the job centre now, is that they have changed it all round yet again, to focus more on the 18-24 age bracket, how does this help other people who are above that age range, its not just be I have had a couple of talks about this with staff from our JC and they agree, in fact one stated to me that most of the younger people would probably be hopping from different jobs so much it would cost more than sorting it out a proper way, the job placement thing seemed like a good idea at the time, but then how many companies out there are exploiting this having someone who is more than capable of doing the job and not even having to pay them as its part of the benefits system, yes it gives people experience, but it does not make that person feel all that good knowing they could be doing a job they are more than qualified for but being paid a miniscule amount
          sigpic

Comment

i got threatened with losing benefits after refusing a job that involved me standing in the middle of London, on my own, with a load of money in my pocket selling tickets for the Big Bus Tour.
            I said to them, that fine, i'll see you in court part of your chain of care is making sure your users are put in to a safe environment, and you want me to stand in the biggest crime zone in London with up to 6k in my pockets?!?

I have been in customer services (face to face and on the phone) since age 17 and im having probs getting work cos of the credit rating thing, the police do have my fingerprints, but thats cos I did an event at Southend and a kiddy wouldnt do it cos "it hurt" so i went first.
            I havent even had a parking ticket, and yet I cant get work cos i have had problems with money.

Comment

one thing I would love to doi is set up my own business for simple debt councelling (not one of those pay me and ill sort it kind) directing people to the correct places offering a shoulder and advice but wouldn't even know the first steps to take and with my credit file no one would want to help fund it lol AND Cel you and I both hun artical 23 of the human rights act should be used in these instances but then again the way it is in this country at the moment with us all being nannied and told that do as I say I know best they would laugh us out
              sigpic

Comment

i'd love to set up a webbsite that puts all the disabled assistance numbers, railcard info etc in one place, and maybe organises the assistance etc.
                money and knowhow wont allow it

Comment

think i'm going to have a word with the JC next week to see whether I can see what is to be done and whether any assistance given worth a shot
                  sigpic

Comment

You guys should PM Labman am sure he could help you get set up as a charity and with license number to provide debt counselling, hes been there and done it himself. Same with website too.

Comment

great idea also just thaught we have freinds who run a kind of outreach programme but nio debt councellors they may hep too I finally feel just a wee bit more useful today
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
                        i'd love to set up a webbsite that puts all the disabled assistance numbers, railcard info etc in one place, and maybe organises the assistance etc.

I run my own website, it's free and really easy to set up, if you need any help just let me know, puff.

Comment

oooh please Mrs J!!

Comment

oooh please Mrs J!!
                            Have sent you a PM, as don't want to clog up this thread.

Comment

ty mrs J

Comment

I've got web design software on my laptop, Puff. I could design you something. I believe there are some organisations that will provide up to 12 months' free hosting.
                                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X