• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CRS - Threatening Letters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRS - Threatening Letters

Hey all,

I've read in a few threads regarding CRS and various other civil recovery companies, and was looking for some advice.

I'll break my situation down.

I went into B&Q on a Tuesday and stole 2 power tools, which I then sold to a cashies. I got a little cocky and did it again 2 days later, only this time I got caught. I cooperated with them and returned the second pair of tools to their possession. They contacted the police and the police sent a report to the PF, due to the value of all 4 being over £200. Obviously there is no excuse for what I did, it was stupid and a way to get money while between jobs, but that's neither here nor there.

I've received a few letters from CRS, in their usual legalese threatening court action, increased amounts etc.

I also received a letter from the PF stating they are satisfied there is enough evidence to prosecute but they're offering a fiscal fine instead, which I plan on paying next week.

my questions are:

should I still ignore the letters, and will they take me to court seeing as the evidence is there. Secondly, if they then sell my "debt" to a debt collection agency will that affect my credit score.

thanks all.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X