• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Incompetent Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompetent Solicitors

Hello everyone,
    This is my first post, I live in Scotland so I hope someone with Scottish Law knowledge can help.
    My father passed away in 2018 and he left everything to my mother. My mother passed away in 2022 and according to both wills everthing was left to my 2 brothers, my sister and myself with my older brother being the named executor.My parents had a property which was mortgage free so in March 2023 we all agreed that the best thing to do was to sell it. This is when the problems started. The solicitors who had our parents wills and deeds to the property had lost the originals. So we could not sell the property until the court deemed the copies we had were original copies and not forgeries. This took forever and we finally got the green light at the start of November 2023 to put the property on the market. Sorry for waffling on my question is can we sue the solicitors for lost revenue or potential loss of prospective buyers throughout this saga. This is only the first part I want to start with just to see if anyone can help as there is more.

Thank You
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X