• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stole in Waitrose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stole in Waitrose

Hello, I have been caught stealing in waitrose on 24 Dec, it was a fruit box £2.95, I’ve never done in my life and I am ashamed and very regret. I feel scary. The Waitrose manager asked me for personal details, name, address and DOB, he didn’t ask me my ID. And give me a copy letter, it was banned me and not allow me to go Waitrose. Because I was so nervous I didn’t hear very well what he said to me, he said will send me something or keep the form. And let me go, then I go.

I already read the forum and know that I guess I will receive a RLP for security payment, I have a question as below,

If I pay the invoice and is it mean they will close my file and no more letter send to me?

I’m here for visa and have to stay in U.K. for 5 years and then apply for a BC, because no police wasn’t involved, it can’t be involved now correct? My criminal record won’t be affected by this?

Please help me i am desperate very much and Thank you.

Tags: None

Sorry and anyone can help me to answer my question, thank you so muchsorry

Comment

Please cease worrying about this incident.

You are aware you will be sent a series of letters requesting payment of approximately £150 towards their imagined security costs.
      There is no lawful reason for this demand and you can safely ignore it.
      There is no reason why you should pay it, so do not do so.
      Do not respond to their letters at all; just ignore them.

The police were not involved, and will not become involved for goods worth less than £3

You do not have a criminal record, and will not have one over this incident.
      Your visa will not be affected.
      BC..?British citizenship?

Comment

Dear DES8,

Yes, BC British Citizenship.

Thank you for your reply and I will ignore the letter. I’m feel better now, I never and never do this again.

If I have any update I will post here again.

Thanks again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X