• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stole in Primark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stole in Primark

Hello, I have been caught stealing in primark today, something I’ve never done in my life and I am ashamed of it, I feel horrible. The security took me in a room and asked me for personal details, as well National insurance Number, I gave everything he asked, but the address i gave I can’t receive any letters as I don’t live anymore (I was shocked and scared), other informations were correct. (Full name, email, NIN, phone number, DOB), no police was involved, I wanna pay whatever fine it is, I asked them if I will get it by email as I told them I can’t receive letters and said yes.
    what if I don’t receive the email about the fine but will get these letters to an address I can’t physically get there? Thank you
    Tags: None

Hi MGO10

Welcome to LB

I'm not sure they will send you emails, but what they send are speculative invoices without an actual breakdown of any justifiable true costs. Costs like security are built into their 'business model'. They got the product back, there is no 'loss' there. They will send at least 3 letters / maybe emails, do not pay them, they are just ridiculous speculative invoices.Just steer clear of the store, if anything happens, post on this thread for support.

Get on with your 'day to day' life.

Comment

Okay, thank you. Only thing I was concerned about was the Insurance number, which I don’t get why they needed that information

Comment

Originally posted by MGO10 View Post
        Okay, thank you. Only thing I was concerned about was the Insurance number, which I don’t get why they needed that information
        Probably to 'frighten you' no other reason. There's nothing they can do with it.

Comment

Thank you. One more thing, if the police wasn’t involved yesterday when it happened, it can’t be involved now correct? My criminal record won’t be affected by this? Thank you and merry Christmas.

Comment

Thank you. One more thing, if the police wasn’t involved yesterday when it happened, it can’t be involved now correct? My criminal record won’t be affected by this? Thank you and merry Christmas.
            It's very, very unlikely.

You state your criminal record, have you got one?

Comment

No, I have never committed any crime in my life. That was my first time doing something I feel ashamed of.

Comment

No, I have never committed any crime in my life. That was my first time doing something I feel ashamed of.
                Seriously, nothing is going to happen, only the speculative invoice.

Update the thread if does.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X