• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Primark RLP notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primark RLP notice

Hi all,
    I tried to shoplift some items from
    primark out of necessity (i am
    not doing well financially for a while) today. i am not a UK national
    I got caught and was brought to the back office they took my drivers license and wrote up a form and gave me warning saying i will get letter from RLP to give the fine and no police will be involved.
    i am here on visa and i read a lot of blogs saying not to pay the money to them and they won’t do anything but honestly i am very scared, i told them I would pay for it and told my condition. They also took one top i had bc I couldn’t show them the receipt(they didn’t believe that i was wearing it and changed)
    i want to know what should i do? I am very nervous and anxious, i am going home tomorrow and will be back in Jan will it be a problem when i return? Will they check at immigration? Please help me i am desperate
    Tags: None

What you read is correct... just ignore it.

You will not be sent a "fine"
    In the UK only the courts issues fines
    You will be sent what is an invoice, dressed in threatening legalese language.
    Ignore it.

It will not be reported to immigration authorities and will have no affect on your travels to and from the UK

Have a pleasant trip

Comment

Thank you so much, i am just really worried if something was to happen
      I don’t want a stupid mistake to ruin my life and get a rapport with legal authorities

Comment

Originally posted by Little mama View Post
        Thank you so much, i am just really worried if something was to happen
        I don’t want a stupid mistake to ruin my life and get a rapport with legal authorities
        As Des says nothing was taken, they have no loss, their security costs are built into their business plan. Don't pay the speculative invoices, just get on with your day to day life.

Comment

Thank you both, i do feel better

Comment

Hello, I was in the same situation, happened today. The security took me in a room and asked me for personal details, as well National insurance Number, I gave everything he asked, but the address i gave I can’t receive any letters as I don’t live anymore, other informations were correct. (Full name, email, NIN, phone number, DOB), no police was involved, I wanna pay whatever fine it is, I asked them if I will get it by email as I told them I can’t receive letters and say yes.
            what if I don’t receive the email about the fine and I will get these letters to an address I can’t physically get there? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MGO10 View Post
              Hello, I was in the same situation, happened today. The security took me in a room and asked me for personal details, as well National insurance Number, I gave everything he asked, but the address i gave I can’t receive any letters as I don’t live anymore, other informations were correct. (Full name, email, NIN, phone number, DOB), no police was involved, I wanna pay whatever fine it is, I asked them if I will get it by email as I told them I can’t receive letters and say yes.
              what if I don’t receive the email about the fine and I will get these letters to an address I can’t physically get there? Thank you
              The best thing to do is start a new thread (your own).

Comment

Hi,,

I received another letter from them, i have applied for my Sponsorship visa and am worried if it will come up in background check,
                should i just pay it and get it over with?
                i am very scared and don’t know what to do please help!!

Comment

Nothing will come up in any official background check as there will be no official record of this incident.

Just keep ignoring RLP... no need to pay anything

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X