• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP got Scott & Mears involved after 2 years!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP got Scott & Mears involved after 2 years!

2 years ago there was an incidence with primark and after reading all the forums on here I just ignored the letters and they went away. Hurrah.
    I wake up this morning 2 bloody years later to this problem popping up and shitting in my face. S+M are threatening court and issuing further proceedings and just a bunch of stuff.
    I've seen one thread saying to ignore it to but these guys don't seem like their playing and also I dont live in my old house anymore where the letter came my mother dose so if they go to the house it won't affect me but her which is there a risk of them going? Would it be just better of paying to not risk it?
    *I tried to upload a photo of the letter but it wouldn't let me
    Tags: None

Can you tell us the nature of the correspondence you have recieved.

What exactly are they threatening? Is this a criminal or civil matter?

Which court are the threatening to take you to?

Have you recieved a court docyment or just a letter?

Comment

Heres the letter (trying to upload again)
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh dear.... so if you don't pay you are at risk of their client issuing proceedings.
        So why didn't they issue proceedings instead of going to some other firm of bully boys making all sorts of veiled threats?
        Simply because they have a snowballs chance in hell of being successful as they have no legal claim.

I would continue to ignore, and tell your mother to slam the door in their face if they try door stepping (which I very much doubt they will do)

Comment

My consern is the letter says make cheques payable to Scott & Mears Limited when in fact there is no such company. The company is Scott & Mears Credit Services Limited. So it would appear they dont know the name of their own company.

Comment

The last time their client tried court the judge slapped them down and they haven't tried since. Look up the oxford case on here to see what happened

Comment

Is the advice to ignore still? I’m in the same boat except my incident was at a different retailer ( T K maxx) and they’re now leaving voicemails from the 01702 301331 number. I have since moved address so I have no idea regarding letters. Is what they’re saying on the letter false?

I have blocked the phone number but it’s all making me extremely anxious and would just like it to go away now. Thanks in advance

Comment

It might be an idea to ask the Royal Mail to put a re-direct on any mail addressed to you at your old address which is a good way of avoiding any nasty surprises like a court summons.

Comment

I was under the impression from this page that that wouldn’t happen?

Comment

Also that wouldn’t be possible as I moved out over 6 months ago

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnyman123 View Post
                      I was under the impression from this page that that wouldn’t happen?
                      Nothing in life is certain except death and taxes.

Comment

So in that case is it better I ring them back and pay? I paid in part before but the money stopped coming from my account which is what is causing all this

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnyman123 View Post
                          So in that case is it better I ring them back and pay? I paid in part before but the money stopped coming from my account which is what is causing all this
                          Its entirely up to you, bearing in mind they could chase you for six years if you can afford to pay it might give you some peace of mind.

Comment

I’m currently on universal credit and worried they will ask for some astronomical fee now because of how long it’s been and them keep chasing me. I feel completely sick, sorry to keep going on but I suffer from anxiety and depression and this has really set me off

Comment

Firstly you will not get a court SUMMONS (which would be to a magistrates court).
                              The most that could happen is a civil claim filed against you in the county court, which is as likely as me winning the lottery (and I don't buy tickets for it)
                              Any claim so filed is easily defended, and once was (google "the Oxford Case" or here https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...h-and-the-lies)
                              Because of that these companies never now go near court, but they play on peoples' fears
                              They know exactly how to build up pressure.
                              Just keep ignoring them.
                              Any attempt to negotiate with them only seems to encourage them in their attempt to relieve you of your money.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X