• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dcblegal threat of court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcblegal threat of court action

Hi there. Just after a little advice on this one. Whilst travelling to Cornwall in July 2015 we had to stop at a service station at approx 11:30 pm. Severe rain was forecast, so seeing as we were towing a caravan , thought it best to stop and wait for the storm to pass. Our friends who were towing their caravan also stopped. Service station was that badly lit that we could not find the car park and ended up in the truck park. We left at approx 4:30 after the storm had passed. On our arrival back home, some 3 weeks later, we discovered 2 letters. First letter said we had overstayed the 2 hour free parking and a fine was enclosed approx £120. Second letter said that because we had not paid within 14 days the fine was now £170. Our friends had received absolutely nothing. Our car was photographed entering and leaving, our friends headlights could be seen behind us. I tried without success to contact Cp Plus to dispute this fine as it was pitch black in the parking area and no signs about charges were visible. The only number was for an automated payment service. No, almost 6 years later I have received a letter from dcblegal threatening court action if I do not pay up. I have spoken to them, but they are not interested in any explanations, their only interest is in money. Any suggestions to my predicament would be most welcome, Thanks folks
    Tags: None

So how close is the "Almost 6 years"?

Comment

It will be 6 years on 04 July 2021

Comment

So post up the PCN, suitably redacted.

The parking companies are going through back cases as they are not getting income in at the moment

Is this a letter before claim?

Got to keep them busy until then

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X