• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP

It’s been three weeks since my shoplifting incident in Primark and I still haven’t heard from RLP.

If I respond telling them that they have the wrong address will they stop writing? I’ve heard that because I’m under 18 they will write to my parents but I can’t really let that happen and if they threaten that I will have no option but to pay. If my parents find out they will most likely force me to pay even if I explain to them that it’s just empty threats.
    Tags: None

So just ignore anything that comes from RLP. They will keep writing until they are sick of it.. On this site there is a collection of their letters that you can look at to see what will be coming.

Don't pay them, they have no authority to ask for a "fine".

Comment

Rather than risk your parents finding out from RLP, why not tell them yourself.
      Yes it will be embarrassing, yes they will be angry, upset, disappointed and all the rest, but it will be better than them finding out from RLP.
      However it doesn't last for ever , and it relieves you of the stress of wondering if they will find out from RLP/

How much was involved?
      Were the goods recovered intact in a saleable condition?
      How old are you?

Comment

It was roughly £40, however I was with someone else who took more than me but nothing was damaged.

At the time I was 16 but I’m now 17.

Comment

As you haven't mentioned the police I assume they were not involved.

You will receive up to 6 begging letters from RLP , threatening all sorts, which should be ignored.

RLP should not write to your parents, but they have written to parents in the past, claiming it is for the child's protection!
          What they are really doing of course is applying pressure on the parents to pay.

It is up to you to decide whether to risk allowing your parents to find out about this incident from RLP (quite a shock for them) or to tell them yourself, or hope they don't question you about the stream of letters you will probably receive from RLP.

Whatever you decide , good luck and put this incident behind you and get on with life.
          Any more questions, just come back here

Comment

its been just over two months since my whole incident with primark and I haven’t received a letter, does that mean I’m in the clear or should I still expect one?

Comment

Most letters appear within the first 6 to 8 weeks, but there have been reports of delays of several months.
              On the other hand not everyone receives these demands, possibly because the supermarket branch manager can't be bothered with the extra paperwork it generates.
              I'm afraid there is no definite answer

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X