• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Major issue with Ascent Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major issue with Ascent Legal

Hello, I have an ungoing issue with Ascent Legal stemming for a year now if not over a year. I have a charge on my property with cabot finance (original lender welcome finance). Cabot and I have come to an agreement to sell the property in order to settle the account and inturn they will reduce the amount owed. I agreed and decided to borrow money from family and friends with interest as I have very poor credit. In 2007 I bought the freehold of the property. my solicitor and I tried relentlessly to get welcome finance to to send us a letter approving the registration of the new title. Unknown to us, welcome finance was in the process of going out of business. As a result, the property new title as a shared freehold, was left pending and the registration was not submitted.
    Fast forward to the present. Cabot finance has given the undertaking to Ascent Leagal, who has been handling this matter for months now and it has become clear to me that they are deliberately delaying the registration of my title all because of an official complaint I had made to my lender Cabot finance, about the very slow progress and the diffiiculties Ascent Legal demonstrated in understanding what is required by Landregistry in completing the registration process. Without mentioning names at this time, the person dealing with this matter was very offended and decided to pass the case over to her colleague. This colleague told me in November 2017 not to contact them anymore because they are not my solicitor and therefore if I require information it should contact ghem and not ascent legal. He ignored me for weeks and did not speak to me. Eventually, the previous person took over the case again. This time whenever i contact her via email or by phone, there is always a delay attic. She is always waiting for a response from cabot. Whenever I speak to cabot, most times they told me they have not herd from ascent legal. This has been the pattern for months and months delaying a simple straight forward process. Most recently, in fact 4 week ago I spoke to this individual again and she told me that welcone finance and cabot are liaising to each other to sort the matter. I told her that was impossible because they are no longer trading. She said the is someone allocated to deal with such matter even though they are no longer trading. Who am I to dispute that? I am not a lawyer, so I humbled myself and waited.

Last week I phoned aging and she told me that they have now turned it back over to her to undertake and by Friday the 9th of march 2018 the documents will be completed. On Friday I phoned her for an update. She told me that a member of cabot finance will be attending her office to discuss the matter. I ask her why would she wait to discuss the matter with cabot. Is it difficult? She replied no it is pretty straight forward. I asked her have you ever undertake any matter similar to mine in the past? She replied yes she has. Then I sad, then why are you waiting for cabot to come to your office to discuss the undertaking of this process? She was lost for words. In the end she promised to get it done yesterday Friday 9th of march 2018. She promised to send me an email but as usual, I never hear from her. I am fraustrated, depress, and I'm at a very very low point of my life right now. I often ask mysef, if life really worth living??? I am heavily is debt. I have had one of my properties reposessed and I have lost my buyer who was purchasing the property and I'm strugglin to buy basic necessities. This is all because of the deliberate and vidictive behavior of these people I'm dealing with of Ascent Legal. From the debt of my heart I hope that someone would help me by looking into this mater THOROUGHLY for me and they will find that this behavior is deliberate, unprofessional and substandard which I'm sure is not the core policy of Ascent Legal on a whole. I cannot belive these who are supposed to be professional are acting in this way ruining my life costing me additional interest and legal cost. I do hope someone get back to me urgently!!! Many thanks.

Clinton McGhie
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X