• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banking mergers: A&L succumbs to Santander's £1.25bn bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banking mergers: A&L succumbs to Santander's £1.25bn bid

Unions and shareholders fear sale to Spanish bank will lead to job cuts and heavy losses for investors

More...

Re: Banking mergers: A&L succumbs to Santander's £1.25bn bid

Originally posted by Legal Beagles View Post
    Unions and shareholders fear sale to Spanish bank will lead to job cuts and heavy losses for investors

More...

At present we only have a current account and credit card account with A&L and that was because I opened it as my "parachute" account as advised by Martin, when putting my claim in last year against Barclays, ( which is stayed even after going to court to appeal) I have left my overdraft of £4,500, in B's with a small payment going in enough to cover interest and slowly bring it down, moved all DDs etc. So what effect if any will this take over have on this type of account if any??

Comment

The takeover, if it happens, won't have any tangible effect to you except that your parachute accounts will be with Abbey rather than A&L.

If your main accounts were with Abbey, and you had intended to parachute to A&L, that might be a different matter.

Comment

Just to update that, Santander haven't stated clearly that they will merge the two UK subsidiaries (Abbey and A&L) into one company, at least at the outset. It seems unlikely they'll keep the two going permanently as separate entities, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X