• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police chief moves home to escape yobs on his wall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police chief moves home to escape yobs on his wall

A police chief has admitted he was forced to move house by youths lurking outside his home.

Superintendent Wayne Mawson, in his forties, said he left the property in Hackney because he did not want to confront teenagers sitting on his wall.
    The head of operations for Haringey, north London, added that the youths had made him nervous about his work - and confessed he had given in to their loitering. Mr Mawson, who earns about £70,000 a year, said: "I gave in to them because it was either that or start challenging them. My quality of life has improved massively since then."

Mr Mawson made the admission at a neighbourhood watch meeting at the Royal British Legion in Crouch End as he highlighted the important role that safer neighbourhood police teams play. "They are not only about the big stuff, but also about looking after situations like this, serving the everyday needs of our community," he said. The senior officer's revelation that he moved home rather than even ATTEMPT to challenge the teenagers will be seen as a sad comment on a Britain menaced by violent and threatening street gangs.

Mr Mawson was posted to Harrow Borough when he was promoted to Inspector in August 2000. After leading a response team he then took over the role as borough liaison officer and wrote the first crime and disorder reduction partnership strategy. He was made a chief inspector in July 2003 at Harrow and became head of the partnership unit. (some "partnership" when he daren't speak to people!) In May 2004 he transferred to territorial policing HQ as staff officer to the deputy assistant commissioner, territorial policing (operations), and later to assistant commissioner, central operations, at New Scotland Yard.
    Is it just me or does anyone else think he should be dismissed?

Re: Police chief moves home to escape yobs on his wall

I used to just beat the Dads up when I was younger

Comment

What a COP out.
      Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
      DAY 114: 03/01 Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70
      59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80
      179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs
      254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Comment

That man is a traitor to his job, he should be made an example of and demoted down to PC and made to tread the pavements.

Comment

Jesus, Youre On duty all the time when your a cop.
          If he cant deal with it its a neglect of duty and disciplinary should be taken

If his neighbour had complained to him about them, he would have hasd to do something

Comment

I'm not concerned that he personally did not confront them, in Hackney, these kids could have been armed.

What does concern me is that he was totally unable to seek any remedy from his police staff, (especially as the police don't advise personal confrontation) . This suggests to me that he KNEW that even HE could not expect his own police force to resolve this problem, which is desperately worrying.

If a police chief can't seek help in such situations....who can?
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I know it's not the same as the story above, but anyway who would be a copper today?

A police officer has been threatened with a handgun while on patrol.

The officer was patrolling the Partington area of Manchester when he pulled over a vehicle which had sped past him.
              As he stepped out of his car to speak to the motorist, two men approached the officer from behind and one of them was brandishing a silver barrelled handgun.
              The pair, who were not in the car which had been pulled over, then shouted abuse at the officer before running off towards a nearby housing estate.
              The policeman was left shaken but unharmed following the incident which happened in Redbrook Road.
              The offender with the gun is described as about 5ft 8in tall, of medium build and was wearing dark clothing, a hoodie and a balaclava.
              Anyone with information is asked to call Greater Manchester Police on 0161 856 7672 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Comment

Lightweight that all I can say.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X