• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Panorama - Did the Bank wreck my business TONIGHT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panorama - Did the Bank wreck my business TONIGHT

Seduread, it is about time they shouldered more of the responsibility and punishment. I get fed up of hearing people say "well you knew the risks before borrowing and should take the consequences" but these people need to start to understand that the debtor is more than enough shouldering their part but even though they agreed to borrow somebody also chose to lend. Now we are in a position where lending is either impossible or set out to take advantage so people are unable to take a risk and build a better future for us all.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      I think the fact that the person was criticising another part of the RBS Business and suggesting that there are things that they are doing wrong lead directly to them saying to the person to leave.

The problem is that banks can just tell customers to leave and give them notice unilaterally. They are more business(so they have to sell to you) than customer service
      You know that better than many of them
      Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
        Seduread, it is about time they shouldered more of the responsibility and punishment. I get fed up of hearing people say "well you knew the risks before borrowing and should take the consequences" but these people need to start to understand that the debtor is more than enough shouldering their part but even though they agreed to borrow somebody also chose to lend. Now we are in a position where lending is either impossible or set out to take advantage so people are unable to take a risk and build a better future for us all.
        The banks have risk managers to know what risks there are at any time....does that mean everyone should employ a risk manager??

Sparkie

Comment

Should never need risk managers for everybody but how well do there risk managers do. Debtors take on their responsability for the term of the debt or life whichever is sooner but the creditor can walk away and sell it on whenever they want. Don't need to consider their losses when they just decide if it suits them so why would they have any responsability to work things through in the hard timesjust

Comment

Watch the banking sector there may be a new bank coming. I think initially just for charities and not for profit businesses.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X