• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Delay on plain cigarette pack decision 'sad day for child health'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay on plain cigarette pack decision 'sad day for child health'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...n-child-health

"The Tories used to say that they were in favour of this policy, that children should be protected. But now, not long after employing Lynton Crosby, David Cameron is backing down," said shadow public health minister Diane Abbott, who tabled an urgent question on the subject in the Commons. "People will rightly wonder if the government is breaking its promise, despite the medical evidence and the wishes of British families, in order to please its friends in big business."
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: Delay on plain cigarette pack decision 'sad day for child health'

funny, I cant remember being asked if it bothered me!!

Comment

People who choose to smoke will not be bothered if they have a plain packet or not.
      We still have the silliness of the Tesco near us being able to display cigarettes in the petrol shop but having to have them "hidden" behind sliding doors in the main shop.
      :behindsofa:
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Ah, election looming. Time for the brown envelopes ...

Comment

As a smoker of many years (yeah yeah boo hiss) I have to say the packaging doesn't bother me in the slightest,,i'm only interested in the contents

Comment

I really do not care if the reversal of that silly policy proposal was or was not the result of lobbying.

It would have been yet another piece of daft and largely pointless, ninnying and nannying nonsense.

Children would be better protected if red (and/or orange) motor-cars were to be banned.

Comment

It's the kind of nonsense that 'they' put out there to divert the minds of the proletariat from more pressing & important issues.

Well, it's not going to work this time!

Power to the people!

Oh look!, a fluffy dog.................................
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X