• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Comet Goes Into Adminsitration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comet Goes Into Adminsitration

Electrical and consumer electronics retailer Comet has gone into administration in the face of fierce competition from online retailers. (Announced on BBC TV News, 15:00, 1 November 2012)
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.
    Tags: None

Re: Comet Goes Into Adminsitration

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
    Electrical and consumer electronics retailer Comet has gone into administration in the face of fierce competition from online retailers. (Announced on BBC TV News, 15:00, 1 November 2012)
    ROLLOCKS

the reason comet went into administration is that people got fed up of going into comet to purchase a product, say a TV

only to be told they have to order and have it delivered, then have the cheek to charge a delivery fee as well

their after sale customer service is no more than a joke as well

comet should meet the needs of its customers first, not its shareholders.
    i do most of my purchases on line now simply because i can purchase goods i am after and most of the time it is delivered the next day

currys was three doors away at my local retail park as an example and they refused to even price match

dixons, part of DSG, which includes currys was aware that this was comming. thats why dixons is now an online company and it is currys the groups face on the high street. mind you, currys has now adopted the same business model as comet and treat their customers with utter contempt.

the thing i most objected to with comet and currys is when you purchase anything, you go to pay at the till and they want your complete life story to sell to domestic and general

they should remember

without customers they are history

Comment

Must admit we have a shiney new Comet store here and they've always been very helpful, its the Curry's store that puts me off buying to be honest, what what do you reckon.... will they be selling goods of cheap, should we all form an orderly queue ? I see their website has gone now too.
      Have to say though with a lot of companies nowadays their customer service is terrible, if any of our staff spoke to the customers that way they'd be outta the door so fast it would slap them on the arse as they went through it.

Comment

I can only go by what was on the news, Miliitant, but I do agree with you 100% that Comet, Currys and other DSG incarnations, including PC World, treat customers with utter contempt and, when you are in business, you do not take your customers for granted or treat them badly, as they will vote with their feet and take their business elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          I can only go by what was on the news, Miliitant, but I do agree with you 100% that Comet, Currys and other DSG incarnations, including PC World, treat customers with utter contempt and, when you are in business, you do not take your customers for granted or treat them badly, as they will vote with their feet and take their business elsewhere.

And why's that.... massive companies = call centres (mostly offshore) = people who don't give a toss, give me a small company (like mine) any day of the week, we do care about our customers.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
            Must admit we have a shiney new Comet store here and they've always been very helpful, its the Curry's store that puts me off buying to be honest, what what do you reckon.... will they be selling goods of cheap, should we all form an orderly queue ? I see their website has gone now too.
            Have to say though with a lot of companies nowadays their customer service is terrible, if any of our staff spoke to the customers that way they'd be outta the door so fast it would slap them on the arse as they went through it.
            Totally agree with you about customer service, Sapphy. If you look after your customers, they will look after you. Treat them badly and you might as well shut up shop and give your stock away. The other thing that annoys me greatly - and this was going on when I was a policeman - is managers of major retailers calling the police and alleging abuse and harassment when customers with genuine complaints come into a store seeking redress the law says they are entitled to receive. The usual thing that sparks this is managers claiming they cannot give refunds for faulty or misdescribed goods as it is "company policy". Yeah.

Comment

Same old story, these people get bigger and bigger and think they are bullet proof.

Comment

When I was first trying to get back to work after having to leave my profession, I did two months in a Comet call centre. Both months I was voted employee of the month, basically for being polite and doing my job - not exactly hard.

I left out of choice as one day I was disciplined by a stuck up little pr1ck, just before Christmas, for phoning a customer back toresolve their problem, which I did. Now I'd have thought that was using initiative and good customer service, but not Comet. That was not my job, so naughty naughty Labman got a smacked botty! Pathetic, and I told them so.

It was also the Christmas when PS2's were hugely in demand. We knew there were none coming in, but were told to keep taking orders and say we were hoping for deliveries. I couldn't do that - at the end of that lie was some poor child with no Christmas present.

Sorry, but I have little sympathy for them.

Comment

When we were at our hardest up I did a year part-time doing timeshares for Club La Costa oh my god what a wake up call that was, in the end I was 'let go' because I was earning too much in commission, I was making more than the full timers, did me a favour though, I met the girl who now works here for us and runs the business whilst we are away, and now her daughter works here too.

Comment

had started a thread earlier about my warranty on my Android tablet, one year into a two year warranty.
                    Sapphy kindly found the web site but no real answers so far, tried phoning but not hanging on to an expensive phone line.
                    We have two in the area and both seemed to be empty of both staff and products recently.
                    The same happened about a year ago when a more local firm went bust some of the stores were bought out but not all and its just typical that a dish washer that went wrong was bought from them cut my losses and now am renting.
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

They say on the news use any gift vouchers you have before they stop taking them.

Comment

i have to agree with Millitant, they charge to deliever and treat you like muck... no wonder people are resorting to Ebay and the like!

Comment

Its a shame though, their website was handy, it had customer reviews which always helps me make up my mind when buying something.

Comment

So do Amazon!

Comment

Bugger never thought of that thanks hun x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X