• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Daylight Robbery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight Robbery

From today's Private Eye which reports that Drydens, the Bradford retail loss solicitors, are preventing Citizens Advice from publishing a report about them by threatening them with a libel action.
    Tags: None

Re: Daylight Robbery

See here also:
    http://thejusticegap.com/2011/12/lib...ivil-recovery/

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      From today's Private Eye which reports that Drydens, the Bradford retail loss solicitors, are preventing Citizens Advice from publishing a report about them by threatening them with a libel action.
      The CAB should let them sue, if those shysters were feeling lucky. If they were sufficiently unwise for it ever to reach the High Court, the Solicitors' Regulatory Authority would become aware of Drydens's antics and one might suppose the SRA would be less than delighted.

The CAB is also able to make a "super complaint" to the OFT. I believe it should do just that.

Comment

Perhaps someone should tell Private Eye about the Arkell v Pressdram 'reply'.

(& CAB could also utilise it!)
        Last edited by charitynjw; 7th December 2011, 18:38:PM.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

could the cab get it raised in the commons under privilege and then simply quote Hansard . I think the relevant firms would be hard pressed to make a case.
          Alterately I thinl i'll put the information up on face book and let it out that way .
          Last edited by seduraed; 7th December 2011, 21:52:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
            ...Alterately I thinl i'll put the information up on face book and let it out that way .
            Indeedy - Now that Private Eye has published Ratbiter's article, then I guess there is nothing wrong with continuing to refer to it in as many places as possible - as EXC has already demonstrated above.

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
              Thank you.

That page contains a link (link) to the CAB website whence one may download their report, 'Uncivil Recovery' (PDF link).

Two years have passed since the first report by the CAB, entitled 'Unreasonable Demands' and a year has passed since the publication of that report cited above, yet the same antics are still going on with little or no interference from the Office of Faffing and Twaddling or the Ministry of Injustice. Apart from inherent indolence, what excuse do they have for their complete inaction?

Comment

Bill K, how the FFFFF are you, long time no speak, good to see you back, missed the mid night convo's, for those who do not know this is the voice that made a seperate voice from the norm a reason to tell the opposition we will have the extra 8%, and to demand contracual interest on our bank charges, the reason I got £9500 instead off £2000ish, and probably the reason why LB became seperate from cag, as big as Nattie for info (soz nattie but combined you both were tops), both for the underdog, and put untold hours of work to benefit the untold millions

Comment

I cuddle silver backs psml

Comment

Originally posted by strangewayofsavin View Post
                    Bill K, how the FFFFF are you, long time no speak, good to see you back, missed the mid night convo's, for those who do not know this is the voice that made a seperate voice from the norm a reason to tell the opposition we will have the extra 8%, and to demand contracual interest on our bank charges, the reason I got £9500 instead off £2000ish, and probably the reason why LB became seperate from cag, as big as Nattie for info (soz nattie but combined you both were tops), both for the underdog, and put untold hours of work to benefit the untold millions
                    LOL - you utter nutter, SWOS. We've just been moving in different circles, I guess. Look at our LB 'Join Dates' !!! We kept the faith, eh, compadre ?
                    For those who do not know, this is the guy who had the guts to forward my words to those who had attempted to slit my throat in a previous life. This is the sort of guy you need with you in a dark alley - the sort of guy who makes these forums what they are. Like Ratbiter, though, we are all cogs in a wheel that opposes the motion of a bigger wheel. Those who do the real work, and make the real sacrifices, are those who choose to create these forums for us kindred spirits - and policing us 'rogues' must be tough for them (spot the grovel).

All credit to those who have had a hand in creating and continuing LB, and to the likes of Private Eye, who precede us so admirably - and to those who have trod that serpentine path over the years.

I now stagger that path with SWOS, having got ourselves banned from O'Malleys tonight, whilst swopping romantic anecdotes and bonding somewhat obscenely in public !!!

As for Nattie - I would quite happily share a room with the guy - again - and scoff his Full English Breakfast next morning for him - again !!! LOL - Max respect for such guys as YOU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Perhaps someone should tell Private Eye about the Arkell v Pressdram 'reply'.

(& CAB could also utilise it!)
                      LOL - I was hoping someone else would display their ignorance, but I guess I'll have to break cover. For those of us who rarely see further than Private Eye's cover piccie - spill the beans, Chaz, if you would be so kind...just for completeness, of course !!!

Comment

http://jackofkent.blogspot.com/2010/...pressdram.html

Still makes me chuckle every time I read it!
                        Last edited by charitynjw; 9th December 2011, 01:27:AM.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you, sir. I am embarrassed that this is a 40-year old piece of classic literature to which I should have put down my 'joint' and listened, at the time it was uttered.

For Albert Einstein to come up with "e=mc^2" after all that deliberation is one thing. For the Eye team to come up with their modern English biblical blessing is exquisite.

Was this in the day of the blesséd Peter Cook ? Gotta be...!!!

..."No further correspondence was received."

I can even hear "Sir" Peter Cook quoting Eric Idle's "Say no more, squire !!!"

Thank you for that, Chaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                            LOL - you utter nutter, SWOS. We've just been moving in different circles, I guess. Look at our LB 'Join Dates' !!! We kept the faith, eh, compadre ?
                            For those who do not know, this is the guy who had the guts to forward my words to those who had attempted to slit my throat in a previous life. This is the sort of guy you need with you in a dark alley - the sort of guy who makes these forums what they are. Like Ratbiter, though, we are all cogs in a wheel that opposes the motion of a bigger wheel. Those who do the real work, and make the real sacrifices, are those who choose to create these forums for us kindred spirits - and policing us 'rogues' must be tough for them (spot the grovel).

All credit to those who have had a hand in creating and continuing LB, and to the likes of Private Eye, who precede us so admirably - and to those who have trod that serpentine path over the years.

I now stagger that path with SWOS, having got ourselves banned from O'Malleys tonight, whilst swopping romantic anecdotes and bonding somewhat obscenely in public !!!

As for Nattie - I would quite happily share a room with the guy - again - and scoff his Full English Breakfast next morning for him - again !!! LOL - Max respect for such guys as YOU !!!
                            I would share a room and breakfast with nattie as well. I would like to say I would also like to thank cettelco etc for forming a site, that let people say what they beleive (because i would have been band several times on other forums by now)

Comment

and for the record charitynjw, private eye have a continjuncy fund (not sure of spellin) to settle out of court, because they have so many claims set against them every year, the common settlement is based on average court costings are between £10-£15K per case unless it is under the defemation act then it is 25 -30k to settle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X