• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How Extremely Sad....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Extremely Sad....

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/881136-m...#ixzz1dDrs1nM2

What can you say? A truly sad reflection of the times in which we live.
    Tags: None

Re: How Extremely Sad....

How very sad. And to read it today, of all days. But more than sad, it makes me so angry that anyone in our so called civilised society in Britain, where people seem to get handouts at the drop of a hat, could end up like this.

Britain is indeed Broken.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Disgraceful!

And just goes to show what society has become...

My maternal grandmother lost six brothers in the great war; all over six foot tall.

Is this how we treat our soldiers?

Comment

Where were the Royal British Legion in all this. It is absolutely disgusting that any ex serviceman should end up this way. He should have become a criminal and he would have been well looked after.

Comment

I've led a sheltered life in comparison to many. I have certainly never been called upon to knowingly do anything which directly resulted in the death of another human being. That, in itself, must be a difficult burden to carry. The armed forces train our soldiers to deal with this, I guess.

But when these well-trained soldiers leave the discipline of military life, I believe they are often ill-equipped to deal with the undisciplined, unorganised, and 'open-ended' nature of life in Civvy Street. I believe that, at the very least, the armed forces should have some kind of 're-habilitation' program in place for ALL ex-forces personnel.

The world that many of these brave and courageous people have lived in is as alien and scary to me as I believe my peaceful (thanks to them) civilian life is to them. THEY would not expect any of us civvy 'softies' to cope with life out there in the battlefield, without some training, would they ?

Although I think it is a good annual exercise of remembrance that we undergo, I do not think it is right that the welfare of ex-soldiers and their families should be entirely dependent on charities such as the Haig Fund. The awful job that our soldiers do is NOT to avenge past evil, but to ensure future good. And they do it for the benefit of ALL of us - not just those who buy a poppy once a year.

Maybe the motives are questionable sometimes - and that is a separate debate. But I value MY freedom - which is evidenced by my ability to post my uncensored opinions in places such as this. The World ain't a perfect place, but it could have been a Hell of a lot worse than it is, I believe - if it weren't for these soldiers.

...soap-box is now vacated...

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
            Where were the Royal British Legion in all this.
            Now there's a thought...maybe the RBL should organise a welcome back to 'Civvy Street' re-training facility, if the armed forces don't. Surely, that wouldn't detract too much from the cheap beer prices that the RBL are known for ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X