• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What a surprise?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a surprise?!

Tottenham riots fire victims told by banks: You must still pay your mortgage | Mail Online
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com
    Tags: None

Re: What a surprise?!

what morons......

people are homeless for heavens sake.

My cousin works for a housing trust which has many properties in North London and one of the properties that burned down in Tottenham belonged to them, all their people were well looked after and had paid hotel accomadation as they had an emergency support team that imediately moved into action. Clothing, toys, soaps and stuff like that was immediately purchased or donated and given to them along with cash to get by All these people will be rehoused and looked after. Nice to hear some good amongst the rubbish banks..

Comment

Radio 5 interviewed a few riot victims about the lack of help from their banks today but it seems they've responded.

http://www.bba.org.uk/media/article/...ected-by-riots

''The industry will do all it can to assist in this difficult time. The banks are offering services such as: waiving overdraft fees where possible''

Not sure what ''where possible'' means though.

Comment

Not sure what ''where possible'' means though.
        Prob if the account is in tim buck 2 or outer space, but I'll bet it won't be any accounts in the UK

Comment

offering mortgage repayment holidays where it is agreed there is a need.

The above is the one that matters. I wonder how they can prove that there is a need? Hmmm, I got it, a photo of their burnt out house. Wonder if there was mortgage PPI on that.....does rioting count as Act of God :o
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

The banks are a disgrace to this country - they expect to be bailed out and still treat people like rubbish.

Comment

Well said Mr Ton
              But when the Banks think they are our only Industry the biggotted bank bosses will still keep treating us all like the Scum who were on the streets last week
              reminds me of a story I once read about a Farmer who`s pigs were like humans in the end you could not tell the pigs from the men

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
                Well said Mr Ton
                But when the Banks think they are our only Industry the biggotted bank bosses will still keep treating us all like the Scum who were on the streets last week
                reminds me of a story I once read about a Farmer who`s pigs were like humans in the end you could not tell the pigs from the men
                Was the not called "Animal Farm"?

Comment

Thanks Leclerc
                  Whilst having my rant I forgot what it was called
                  Cheers

Comment

http://www.apa.police.uk/news-releas...ot-damages-act

APA comment on Riot Damages Act

Commenting on reports that under the 1886 Riot Damages Act police authorities or their insurers could have to pay claims (or in the case of authorities, higher insurance premiums) for criminal damage incurred as a result of riots, APA Chairman Rob Garnham today, 09.08.11, said:

“The potential implications of the Riot Damages act have been of considerable concern for police authorities for a number of years. It is crucial that riot damage is quickly repaired and communities restored but in a context of cuts the public will see little sense in a shrinking police fund being diverted to pay for criminal damage.”

The cross party House of Commons Home Affairs Select Committee endorsed our view as far back as 2002 when it’s 2nd report of the session stated:

“The Riot Damages Act 1886 seems arcane and a good case has been made for repealing it. Without prejudice to any existing cases, the Government should seek to repeal the Riot Damages Act 1886”

See: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200102/cmselect/cmhaff/612/61208.htm

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

One detail about the recent unrest puzzles me:

Why were no banks set on fire?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        One detail about the recent unrest puzzles me:

Why were no banks set on fire?
                        U.K. Riots: Which Stores Were Targeted by Looters - Dispatch - WSJ

towards the bottom of the page. HSBC Bank and Santander......at least the rioters remembered which banks the taxpayer owned, lol!

Comment

All the same, it hardly seems adequate. "evil2"

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            All the same, it hardly seems adequate. "evil2"
                            honestly, though, have they really got anything worth nicking? The safe is shut and fire resistant, the leaflets are ****, the pens have already been pulled off the chains, and apart from the odd plasma screen, would you want a sign that says "queue here"?
                            I think looters wanted stuff that had a value rather than the bank of no value, lol!

Comment

Despite the fluffy and cuddly reassurances from the BBA it looks like the banks don't give a damn about riot victims.

Case studies by BBC Money Box of people who's flats above the CarpetRight in Tottenham which were destroyed when they went up in flames and sought mortgage holidays from their banks are astonishing.

It's the first item on today's show (27/8/2011)

BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - Money Box

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X