• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

French Ban Muslim Women From Wearing Veils

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Ban Muslim Women From Wearing Veils

French Ban Muslim Women From Wearing Veils

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110411/...g-3fd0ae9.html
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: French Ban Muslim Women From Wearing Veils

Good.

Comment

About bloody time, shame our Govt hasn't got the rollocks to do it too.

Comment

Intrigued to see how this one pans out

Odds are the first case they try this on will head for the ECHR

But the big test will be if the ECHR rule against the French, will they bow to it or not?

I find it somewhat hard to swallow when I see the Muslim women on TV saying they wear the Burka through choice, not because they have to - I imagine her saying "and my husband told me I could say that........."

I know plenty of Muslim girls/women that seem to respect their religion without bowing to this kind of enforced dress

It may be that I am showing a distinct lack of understanding here, but in the current climate I think the Burka etc just perpetuate needless fear in the general population, especially in airports and similar locations

Comment

There was a debate on this on TV last week. The Muslim woman arguing their rights was wearing just a plain headscarf, but you could see all her facial features. I don' think any of us would object to that - it's only like a Christian wearing a cross round their neck or whatever.

The full Burka I personally find very intimidating. The British government would nevr have the courage to do anything like that though.

Comment

as long as they ban fur coats and shell suits as well I don't mind

Comment

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blogs/talki...n-p183792.html

Article + comments
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X