• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rbs Bonus News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rbs Bonus News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12407565

"Reports suggest that an estimated 200 of RBS's highest earning investment bankers would earn more than £1m in bonuses each."

Astonishing!
    Tags: None

Re: Rbs Bonus News

Bl**dy hell!
    Makes my blood boil, but yes astonishing is the word Angry Cat!

Comment

Okay, it has been cut back.
      But, it is still £950 Million!

So, the Royal Bank of Shame's elite, get their BIG bonuses;
      but the Group won't give back the money owed to consumers in relation to mis-sold PPI?

Comment

There's also trouble at Mill!
        Lord Oakeshott, said the Treasury Select Committee couldn't negotiate their way out of a paper bag:
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12411664

Sounds like he could be right...

[Quote]: The peer had branded the Treasury's deal on reducing bonuses and increasing lending "pitiful".

Comment

In one word ....... W**kers !

Comment

They got more last year since the bonus pool has dropped to £950 million from £1.3 billion.
            I wonder whether they have done even worse this year than last year.
            However I wonder whether they will eventually follow HSBC's stance

HSBC's Douglas Flint reveals bank's $2bn bonus pool - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance

"Mr Flint told the MPs HSBC had shifted $150m of its bonus pool to boost salaries, but he insisted this was an attempt to satisfy regulatory demands and not to dodge the rules."

I doubt RBSG can but I suspect Barclays and others who haven't taken money from the government will do the same.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

The row rumbles on...
              http://news.aol.co.uk/main-news/stor...ameron/1577711

Comment

Lord Oakshott's personal row with the treasury rumbles on
                BBC News - Lib Dem Lord Oakeshott stands by criticism of bank deal

The row is over Project Merlin and the Q&A's is here:
                BBC News - QA: Project Merlin bank deal

Personally I think any deal that looks to guarantee small business lending is taking risk of bankruptcy out of the equation and may well mean that lending targets are not achieved(as I believe has been the case thus far.
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X