• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

"Burt: Liberal Democrats leading the fight against unfair bank charges"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Burt: Liberal Democrats leading the fight against unfair bank charges"

“For too long the balance of power between banks and their customers has been skewed in the banks’ favour. We want a system that is fairer for customers and that is what the Liberal Democrats in Government are determined to deliver.”
    Co-chair of the Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Business, Innovation and Skills Committee, Lorely Burt has been invited to advise the Coalition Government on introducing fairer banking practices.

Lorely Burt has campaigned against unfair overdraft and penalty charges and has been asked by Liberal Democrat Business Minister Ed Davey to advise the Government’s Consumer Credit and Personal Insolvency Review.

Commenting, Lorely Burt said:

“Liberal Democrats have been leading the fight against unfair bank charges.

“For too long the balance of power between banks and their customers has been skewed in the banks’ favour. We want a system that is fairer for customers and that is what the Liberal Democrats in Government are determined to deliver.”

Commenting further, Ed Davey said:

“The Government is committed to protecting the interests of consumers and Vince Cable and I are very keen to deal with the issue of unfair bank charges.

“That is why we have included the issue as part of our review of Consumer Credit and Personal Insolvency. If the evidence comes out in favour of action we will not hesitate to act.

“Lorely Burt MP and Which? have been very active in this area and we look forward to working with them.”

Burt: Lib Dems leading the fight against unfair bank charges | The Liberal Democrats: News Detail

I know this is from the LibDem website but not sure if it was picked up by any news organisation....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: "Burt: Liberal Democrats leading the fight against unfair bank charges"

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
    I know this is from the LibDem website but not sure if it was picked up by any news organisation....
    Sure was, Legal Beagles Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - BIS HM Treasury Consumer Credit and Personal Insolvency Review - Consultation

In fact she has a Private Member's Bill on the subject which is having it's second reading tomorrow.

Comment

Re: "Burt: Liberal Democrats leading the fight against unfair bank charges"

Burger!!! I did search under the name Birt and didn't find it, lol! Just shows that perhaps I should have done a better search, lol!
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X