• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dispatches: Undercover Debt Collector reminder 8 tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatches: Undercover Debt Collector reminder 8 tonight

Dispatches: Undercover Debt Collector

Monday 20 July
    8:00pm - 9:00pm
    Channel 4
    Dispatches goes undercover to investigate debt collection, an industry which is booming during the current financial crisis. The programme reveals some of the tactics used to make debtors to pay up, while reporter Tom Randall gets a job as a debt collector inside one of Britain's fastest growing agencies and discovers that some businesses are selling their bad debts to agencies for as little as sixteen pence in the pound.

VIDEO Plus+: 8001
    Subtitled

Re: Dispatches: Undercover Debt Collector reminder 8 tonight

What's it about?

Comment

Ermmm not sure TBH :beagle:

Comment

ta ..set the recorder
        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

It will all be sensationalist garbage. Sure, there are a few bad apples. What company doesn't have one or two? But this is gutter journalism of the basest kind.

No, you should all take tonight's programme with a pinch of salt, because debt collection companies really do only want to help you.

My Blog
          http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Should be good to watch if only for the interest in all things animal, I can just see their knuckles scraping along the ground.

Comment

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/d...s-33/episode-1

Enjoy

Comment

Nothing there that we didn't already know. But it must have been a real eye opener for Joe Public. As evidenced by some of the incredulous comments.
                My Blog
                http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Have just posted this in the comments, it is awaiting approval.

The Assistant Producer Caroline Marsden of Hardcash Productions, who made this programme, contacted us prior to making its making as part of their research.

We are a free self help debt forum that does not encourage avoidance of legitimate debts. We actively campaigns for the industry to act in a compliant way and help debtors to address their financial commitments by offering repayments at a manageable rate.

To the people within the DCA industry to assume that all on-line forums are alike is an unfair and incorrect. To debtors, if a valid debt is being actively pursued then we inform you of your rights and assist you in dealing with the DCA's in a fair and compliant manner. Our advise is not to ignore the debt but to take a proactive approach in dealing with it by offering a rate of repayment that you can afford.

Many DCA's are also applying disproportionate collection charges that we can help remove from the outstanding balance.

Anyone who is experiencing difficulty with debt, a Debt Collection Agency or Bailiff should seek advice as soon as possible from one of the many online forums such as LegalBeagles.info
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Tools that is a response that is far more polite than I think I could manage given what I just watched (I had it recorded).

Nothing we didn't already know admittedly, but there's a number of people at Nemo's dad's company that quite frankly should be given a strong horse tranquiliser! Anybody who misses them can be given the same treatment as I suspect the human race in it's entirety wouldn't.

If the OFT have any balls their licence will be revoked immediately (let alone the stuff about 1st Credit). If it isn't, the OFT proves by inaction they aren't fit for the Office of Fair Trading.

Comment

I agree ed and like the ex Debt Collector, who now trains others said "The OFT showed it's teeth and didn't bite" pathetic IMO, bit like having a guard dog that will growl and let you get away with the goods anyway.

Comment

Also I've emailed Caroline pointing out their glaring error namely making a payment on a time barred debt unbars it ...........it does not time barred is time barred.............. for ever

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X