• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cattles suspends new lending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cattles suspends new lending

HFC springs to mind, in fact the whole HSBC group.
    Black Horse as well.

Hmm now is there a sub-prime theme going on here ??

Comment

I've just emailed a former founder of Welcome asking him how he reconciles his past with the work he's doing today. I wonder if I'll get a reply.

The two seem gulfs apart. Maybe there is some info to be had if he feels ashamed of his past. Or maybe I'll just get a bland, patronising answer. We'll see.
      My Blog
      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
        HFC springs to mind, in fact the whole HSBC group.
        Black Horse as well.

Hmm now is there a sub-prime theme going on here ??
        Can you tell me more about Black Horse AND HFC

Comment

What would you like to know ?

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
            What would you like to know ?
            If it's because their agreements are unenforceable then I would like to know why....... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LuggerBugs View Post
              Aye, a wee top up. Which means repaying the original loan, including PPI, and signing a new agreement. With new PPI. Even though you have paid for 5 years worth of insurance first time around. Naughty, naughty.

Another trick I have just cottoned on to... they extend the term of the loan as far as they can, conveniently forgetting to mention that, were you to repay it over HALF the term that you sign up for, you wouldn't be paying very much more than you are already, thus saving you potentially thousands in interest. I've upped my payments accordingly. IN YER FACE, WELCOME. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

I suggest everybody looks at their agreements and compare the payments for both scenarios. There are a number of APR calculators to help you do that with a simple Google search. You'll be surprised. And shocked at how much you save.

In fact, I'm going to look at my mortgage too. Maybe I can retire early if I'm prudent enough.

You have to be careful with some mortgage terms as some limit the percentage that you can OP each month or they will charge you!

They try and get you all ways.
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Yup, that's true. Mine's with the RBS and I'm paying just enough extra to get away without suffering penalties.

But Welcome have no such ERC. It's not in their interest because otherwise it would deter folks from refinancing on a regular basis, eventually becoming lifetime customers.

No reply yet from the Welcome contact that I emailed. I have a feeling I might have to get active in spoiling his latest party to provoke a response.
                My Blog
                http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X