• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Which forus should i be on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though icaught someone doing the same thing. What do i do about repaying them back do i wait to be arrested or do i offer to pay any discrepencies they find.
    can i look for work if i have resigned

Comment

I havent admitted guilt to the company or to anyone should i return to work and confess to their findings or do i wait for the police to come

Comment

Do nothing! Admit nothing!

Comment

But if the have cctv and till report of error made and then a till duscrepancy then i have been caught so im guilty and i admit tht but do i tell them.

Comment

Which bit of my writing did you not understand?

Comment

Sorry efpom

Comment

Originally posted by 13579s View Post
                But if the have cctv and till report of error made and then a till duscrepancy then i have been caught so im guilty and i admit tht but do i tell them.
                You may be guilty in that you made an error, that does mean that there is a criminal guilt. An omission rarely results in a act that is criminal in nature.

Criminal theft would require that they prove to a court, beyond reasonable doubt (so the court would need to be certain), that you were dishonest and had an intention to permanently deprive them of the money. If no money was taken and the issue is simply an error of accounting then it would be difficult to prove any of the required elements.

Comment

But the cash wasnt their i made the error i took the cash thats how its being shown

Comment

Im in same situation but regrettably i did take the money and im terrified

Comment

Did you admit guilt when they suspended you i didnt i just went home and resigned i was so ashamed. I hope people on here give us so advice coz in my head im in prison and ive left my daughter behind and i feel like id rather die than that

Comment

What are the chances of being given a caution slim im.sure

Comment

Update: its been 2 months and beard nothing is it normsl to take this long to hear anything or should i of heard something by now

Comment

There is nothing unusual in not hearing from the police in the circumstances you described.
                            Making an error is not a criminal event and it may not even have been reported to the police.

Comment

Updaye I have received phone call to attend interview with police im.terrified what happens now

Comment

Just keep calm and read back over this post where you have been given some sound advice by a number of posters.

Arrange for a solicitor to go with you to the interview.
                                If you don't have one, or can't afford one , ask for the duty solicitor to attend.
                                This is free and your right.

The police certainly haven't rated this as a big deal if they have left it for this long.
                                Has there been no other developments over the past twelve months
                                Certainly you won't have to worry about prison, and possibly not even court as I understand it was a till shortage which could have been caused by error

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X