• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BREAKING: Parliament rules out a no-deal Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING: Parliament rules out a no-deal Brexit

BREAKING: Parliament rules out a no-deal Brexit

Parliament has approved a bill that rules out a no-deal Brexit by forcing the government to seek an extension from the EU if it cannot pass a divorce plan by April 12.
    The passage of the bill will enrage hardline Brexiteers in the Conservative Party, and sets Britain on course for a long Brexit extension if May cannot salvage her Withdrawal Agreement in the coming days.

Parliament has approved a bill that effectively rules out a no-deal Brexit by forcing the government to seek an extension from the EU if it cannot pass a divorce plan by April 12.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

The bill passed by one vote

For the second time today, the bill to block a no-deal Brexit passed by one vote.
    Its final reading passed by 313 votes to 312.
    Earlier in the day, it also proceeded to a second reading by one vote.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Cooper praises bill's passage; Brexiteer describes it as a 'constitutional outrage'

Responding to the passage of her bill, Labour MP Yvette Cooper said: "The House has tonight voted again to make clear the real concern there would be about a chaotic and damaging no deal."
      "It's really important to say how welcome it was this this has been a really considered and thoughtful debate," she added. "I am sure that we will be very keen to work with the government to make sure that this legislation progresses in a way that is sensible." The bill must still be passed by the House of Lords for it to become law.
      Hardline Brexiteer Mark Francois then made a point of order. "It’s difficult to argue that you’ve had an extremely considered debate when you’ve rammed the bill through the house of Commons in barely four hours," he said. "That is a constitutional outrage."
      "It went through in the end by one vote," he added. "That to me does not represent the long-term settled will of the House of Commons."

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X