• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council bosses threaten children with prosecution...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council bosses threaten children with prosecution...

... for playing football in the street!

Council bosses threaten children with prosecution - for playing football in the street | Mail Online

Quite unbelievable. I'd much rather my children were out playing rather than lying around the house playing their wii, DS, Playstation or Xbox and out getting some fresh air, climbing trees or riding their bikes.

My eldest was out playing the other day with a load of his friends in the road, it's a quiet road with not a lot of traffic and on the whole they are all sensible, very nice young boys.

However, he did break a plant pot in the front garden of the old lady over the road and I saw her telling him off. He apologised to her, but she wasn't very happy to say the least. I made his Father take him to the garden centre and buy her another pot (of course the one he broke was one of a matching pair so we had to buy two) but he took them over to her himself and apologised again for breaking it. She couldn't have been more pleased.

The point is, why should it be down to a Council that is crammed to bursting with little hitlers trying to justify their jobs and their massive salaries rather than be left to the parents and the use of a little common sense.

This initiative is being led by Newark and Sherwood District Council's Anti-social Behaviour Co-ordinator!

Anti social behaviour? Are they for real?

This is the best part though:

"A spokesman for Nottinghamshire Police said the force plans to warn offenders in the first instance. 'If they failed to move on or persisted to cause a problem, we would then consider arrests,' he added".

God forbid they catch any rapists, murderers or burglars. Arrest the children out playing - excellent.

Re: Council bosses threaten children with prosecution...

Bloody here here Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The world has gone stark raving bonkers!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Council bosses threaten children with prosecution...

Hi All !

I must say, I wish all parents were like you and your hubby Amy. If there were, the world would be a much better place to live in. You went out of your way to replace what your son had broken, and at least you and your son had the decency to acknowledge and say sorry for his mistake. Children are children and some children will learn by their mistakes. Some don't unfortunately.

As this example shows...

My O/h and I live in a type of cul-de-sac situation. We have all our cars parked in parking bays just out side our houses. I remember going back a couple of summers ago we had a group of young boys playing football just out side our front doors where all the cars are parked. It was a quiet Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately, one of the boys had kicked the ball into the window of one of my neighbour’s car, fortunately for him. The window didn't crack or break. But you can imagine the look of horror on my neighbour’s face when she came out of her house. (Evidently, she had been curtain twitching before the ball had hit her car window)

She went absolutely ballistic at the group of boys; the situation had progressed from a bold 'telling off' to the boys, to a major verbal confrontation between the mother of one of the boys and the neighbour in the middle of our road! It had turned very ugly! Naturally, all of us came out to see what the fracas was about. . And although I didn't really want to get involved, I still went over to try to calm the situation down....

... The boy in question that had kicked the ball denied he kicked the ball! His mother denied it too! It was their word against the neighbours....

Needless to say. The police were called in. They tried their best to calm the situation. The mother of the boy was arrested and got carted off to the police station...

Now. 2 years later.... There is still major hostility between those two neighbours. The mother, son and neighbour can’t even pass each other without each one cursing or slagging the other off. It’s become a bit of a war zone where we live now since that happened. It is a shame, cos; we live in a lovely area.

To add a twist to this story… The Council put up an extra large sign in our road before this incident happened saying in big black bold letters. ‘No Football’…

This incident just goes to show how many children and parents actually choose to read and take notice of it…it is there for a purpose…

Bf xx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X