• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sharing a house- when the homeowner dies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing a house- when the homeowner dies

With regard to my friend's complex probate case, does anyone know where he would stand legally with respect to his foster Dad's house also being his home, for 3/4 years continuously, prior to his Dad's death? He is a beneficiary of his Dad's estate but the executor and the dad's sisters are trying to force him out stating that the terms of the will require the house to be sold as part of the estate. However, it hasn't even gone to probate yet. There are so many anomolies with this case its all very odd. PLEASE PLEASE can someone point in the right direction to find out his legal rights as he was fostered as a kid and was accepted as his Dad's don from being 12/13 years old ( He is now 42) his Dad died on May 5 this year. Thanks guys for any help/ Advice u can offer.
    Cat:beagle:

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!
    Tags: None

Re: Sharing a house- when the homeowner dies

Less than a week from his Dad's funeral he was asked to vacate the property so they can sell it. They have already had the phone line cut off, even though Peter lives there and has done for years on and iff. He wasnt given any warning or option to transfer the line to his name. I think they will try get the other utilities turned off to. Can they legally do this all before probate?

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Comment

Re: Sharing a house- when the homeowner dies

I think Debt Star has already offered some very good advice on this on your other thread.

I don't mean to appear rude, but it's much easier if everything can be kept to one thread so we can see what is happening.

Mod's any chance of the two being merged?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X