• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Adult Social Care & High Court Case.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult Social Care & High Court Case.

Hi Good People,

I hope that this is the right place for this, if not could Admin move it to Legal or the correct spot please.

I have just literally put the telly on for the lunchtime news and caught the end of a bulletin from outside the Royal Courts of Justice. In essence as I understood the story, 4 people, vulnerable adults had challenged Birmingham Social Services decision to ONLY provide care for those people classified as "CRITICAL". If I am correct then that decision has been declared unlawful and B'ham have refused to comment as they wish to see the actual judgement due out this afternoon to digest why they have lost all four cases.

Can anyone throw any light please as we have two issues with dementia in the close family, one elderly and one in his fifties?

At this stage we are threatening the social services departments concerned with section 117 of the Mental Health Act as it was they who have had one party sectioned under section 3 on a number of occasions and both departments with an action in the Court of Protection to get unfortunate souls under the jurisdiction of that court and in the care of the Public Guardian.

This case could be highly relevant to us and the actions we are having to take to get proper care.

The stress of these issues has already split one long term partnership very late in their lives.

Thanks in anticipation
    regards
    Garlok.
    Tags: None

Re: Adult Social Care & High Court Case.

Budget ruling Birmingham City Council responds | The Birmingham Press

Similar lines to this one I think
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    BBC News - Birmingham City Council care cuts ruling expected
    Last edited by leclerc; 19th May 2011, 13:14:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X