• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgager Delays Redemption Statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgager Delays Redemption Statement

Hello there

Having a bit of bother with a major bank / mortgage lender.

A home owner passed away in March and I am dealing with their affairs. The mortgager has already caused a major delay in resolving the issue, doing nothing for four weeks due to a technical error for which they apologised.

An insurance policy has now paid out to settle the outstanding mortgage and we requested info on what they needed to issue the redemption note to pay off the deceased remaining mortgage.

I confirmed three weeks ago that they had everything they needed and was advised that the paperwork would be sent in the next five working days. I rang today as still not received it, and another error has apparently occurred because they claim they haven't received anything. I can prove this not to be true.

While they delay, the interest on the mortgage keeps increasing. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thank you all
    Tags: None

Make an official complaint to the bank, and point out it would only be fair to waive any extra interest caused by their errors.

If they don't agree there is always the FOS (uncertain and slow)

Comment

Matter is now resolved and it all came down to one poor agent giving incorrect advice. I did raise a complaint and the lender has confirmed that the mortgage was frozen when they were notified the mortgagee passed away. Though we still haven't received the redemption note we have had confirmation that no additional interest is being charged. Thank you Des!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X