• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Further advice sought on Unexpected Caveat saga please

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Further advice sought on Unexpected Caveat saga please

    • redsmiffyFurther to my other thread titled Unexpected Caveat
    • After receiving a Larke v Negus from the will drafting solicitors, which weighed heavily in my favour, the other side were instructed by their solicitor to lift the caveat which they failed to do.
    • As a result, it expired and my probate application is awaiting approval from the registrar. I have accepted an offer on my mothers property which has to be sold to repay an equity loan.

      My solicitor has said I must wait a further 6 months before I can distribute the balance of the estate, to allow the other side to produce a letter of claim! Is this right considering how much they have messed my probate application around? What if I went and bought a property for my family, would I be breaking the law even though I am named as Executor and sole benificiary of Mum's estate?

      Any advice welcomed. Thank you.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.