• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Estate, Executor Duty, Loans, Debts Priority

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate, Executor Duty, Loans, Debts Priority

If a person has died, little assets, monies, a family loan still outstanding, a creditcard debt outstanding, does the Executor, pay the family loan agreement 1st, then if anything left over, pay the credit card debt! after all the main priority debts have been paid, if not enough money then, cedit card would be from a insolvent estate, Just need some help and advice please
    Tags: None

All debts must be paid equally pro-rata. If the executor does otherwise, he/she risks personal liability to other creditors.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

This explanation about insolvent estates in England might be helpful.

https://www.bereavementadvice.org/to...lvent-estates/

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/all-notices/content/104115
      Last edited by PallasAthena; 28th August 2024, 06:46:AM.
      All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

OK as of up to date, top priority costs deducted from what the estate is, not much value, there is over 1500.00 negative, so cant pay some other family loan or card debts, card debt being the top of the lis I assume. So basacilly, estate has no funds to pay the debts, any advice please

Comment

No money from estate no pay anyone or is there money to come from somewhere?

Comment

Which "top priority costs" have you paid?
            All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

As of up to date, Funeral costs, related costs, some very small amounts recieved from accounts who paid money owed, but still not enough to cover the deficit, which didnt cover the full costs, so nothing to pay debt company

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X