• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can anyone help with an example settlement offer template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help with an example settlement offer template

Hi there, I'm new to the forum, I really hope someone can help me please. I am in the middle of an extremely complex case which has gone on for many years and I do not feel I can carry on as the solicitor fees are bleeding me dry financially and the case is now affecting my health. I just want to make a settlement offer to the other party to hopefully put an end to the matter, as this case is ruining my life. I'm reluctant to go to another solicitor as they will likely want to view the whole case again which I just cannot afford. Has anyone else made their own settlement offer who can give me any advice on how to do this please. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction as to where I might be able to find an example of a settlement offer template I could use please. Thank you so much in advance for any advice you can give me.
    Tags: None

Hi
    Welcome to LB
    Have you attempted or considered mediation?
    A settlement offer can be made in a formal letter
    You do not want to admit to legal liability, possibly jeopardising your defence, so your letter should state this as well as being marked WITHOUT PREJUDICE
    Your letter should include:
    Reference to the claim
    Your offer of a settlement sum which is made on condition that they cease litigation and confirm they will not make any future claims associated with the subject of the present claim. This offer is not an admission of any liability whatsoever in connection with the claim
    The settlement figure and when and how you will pay it
    Request a reply within 14 days

Comment

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Sirs

As you know, I am contesting the case on the grounds set out in my Defence. I believe that I have a very good chance of winning the case, particularly for the following reasons:
      [list reasons]

Obviously continuing to fight this case will involve continuing cost to both of us in both time and money. With that in mind, I offer to pay the sum of £XXX in full and final settlement of all claims that you have or may have against me. Payment will be made [state payment terms, e. g. within 14 days of receipt of letter accepting, by Y monthly instalments of £X etc].

This is a reasonable offer which takes account of the full circumstances of this case, and I look forward to receiving your written acceptance.

Yours faithfully

Treacle99
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
        Hi
        Welcome to LB
        Have you attempted or considered mediation?
        A settlement offer can be made in a formal letter
        You do not want to admit to legal liability, possibly jeopardising your defence, so your letter should state this as well as being marked WITHOUT PREJUDICE
        Your letter should include:
        Reference to the claim
        Your offer of a settlement sum which is made on condition that they cease litigation and confirm they will not make any future claims associated with the subject of the present claim. This offer is not an admission of any liability whatsoever in connection with the claim
        The settlement figure and when and how you will pay it
        Request a reply within 14 days
        Hi Pezza54, Thank you so much for responding, I was unable to get back to you straight away but the information has been really helpful and was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately mediation was not successful and the other party is doing everything possible to delay matters. I just want to negotiate an offer in the hope of putting an end to matters once and for all. Thank you once again, it really is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
          WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Sirs

As you know, I am contesting the case on the grounds set out in my Defence. I believe that I have a very good chance of winning the case, particularly for the following reasons:
          [list reasons]

Obviously continuing to fight this case will involve continuing cost to both of us in both time and money. With that in mind, I offer to pay the sum of £XXX in full and final settlement of all claims that you have or may have against me. Payment will be made [state payment terms, e. g. within 14 days of receipt of letter accepting, by Y monthly instalments of £X etc].

This is a reasonable offer which takes account of the full circumstances of this case, and I look forward to receiving your written acceptance.

Yours faithfully

Treacle99
          Hi Atticus, Thank you also for your help too, one can never have too much help, thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X