• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowest price probate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowest price probate

Hi, a while ago I saw on the Martin Lewis show that you can get probate for £95 does anyone know where this is. I would find probate hard to do myself. My wife is nearly 64 and just had bilateral double mastectomy cancer op and has been diagnosed with dementia. Is £95 the lowest price that can be found. My funds are very limited. Can anyone please help.
    Thanks.
    Andrew Penniall
    Tags: None

This is the latest information on the government site about fees for applying for a grant of probate: https://www.gov.uk/applying-for-probate/fees- £273 if the value of the estate is over £5,000.

After that, charges for administering the estate will vary, and will in part depend on what needs to be done. Not all estates are the same!
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi
      welcome to LB Andy

Comment

No idea what was being recommended for £95 but I see you've asked the question on his own MSE forum so you may get the answer there. But be aware that (unless the Estate is under £5,000) £95 would not be the total cost of getting Probate as the Probate court's own fees also have to be paid - £273 for an Estate valued at over £5,000.
        All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Has someone died and you are the named executor in the will?
          Probate may not be required depending on the value of the estate and whether there is a property involved
          Form PA1P can be completed online. If someone else applies on your behalf you will have to provide them with all the info about yourself, the deceased and the estate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X