• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Some guidance please re INTESTACY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some guidance please re INTESTACY

Hiya, cheers for help / advice in advance,,,,here we go.....

I am the child of Heather and Troy, they divorced when I was about 10

Troy (my dad) met a new lady called Jill, Jill already had 2 daughters from another marriage,they were about 8 and 10, they were call Mary and Lisa.

About 40 odd years have passed since, with me seeing Troy (dad) occasionally until there was no contact for the last 25 years.

Today Mary after doing quite a bit of research found me and appeared on my doorstep.

She told me Troy (dad) had died 2 years ago her Mum Jill had sadly died a year later and on top of that Lisa, her sister, had died a short while ago.

She told me Troy had left a will but with a will writing company, the company has gone bust and she cannot find the will, so at time of
    writing there is NO will.

During her visit she told me Dad had written me out of the will, but i would be entitled to a few pounds,,,,,,,,

She was obviously very upset, it had been a couple of awful years for her but I was totally out of the picture
    and no one called me to let me know my dad was dying otherwise I would have stepped up.

After all the above my question is simple, with no will and only Mary (daughter of Jill but not Troy's daughter) and me (blood son of Troy) left living
    what is legally correct re any property etc,via probate As after 2 years this is the only contact made and Mary now has my number and address but i do not have hers.

There is a substantial property that was owned by both Jill and Troy (both girls moved out and married in their 20s) that has been empty for 2 years now and probate is now being addressed by Jill's
    birth daughter Mary.

Sorry this i so longwinded but i wanted to explain who was who and who is left.

thank you for taking the time to read - and any answers would be great.

sandt

Tags: None

The first question in my mind is whether this is a scam. Do you have any checkable evidence this woman is who she says she is? If Troy and Jill were married Mary would be your Step-Sister.

Why did she bother tracking you down then not telling you how you could contact her?

What does she want from you next?

Were your dad, Troy, and Jill married?

Apart from the jointly owned property do you have any idea what other assets your father had when he died?
    ​​​​​​

​​​​
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

hiya . lets answer the questions ...no scam I recognised Mary as soon as i saw her, we saw each other when really little and knew her straightaway...... she tracked me down to my house and i gave her my mobile number, i expected her to message to check i had written down number correctly (it happens) but no message after 24 hours, so it seemed her job was to locate me to an address......she didnt say what she wanted next and im now at a loss to ask her........my dad Troy was married to Jill at the time of his passing......i believe they only had the 1 property, where they both lived til their deaths.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X