• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What can I do about will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do about will

Hi I hope someone can advise ,I have two brothers my father has recently past away and when reading his will dated 2006 my younger son has the option to buy his property for 100,000-00 giving me and my brother 50,000-00 each which when the will was wrote was fair , but now the property has doubled in value and my brother said he is staying with what is in the will so in effect me and my brother will still get 50,000-00 and my other brother 200,000-00 is there anything I can do please
    Tags: None

You could contest your father's will under the Inheritance Act. This is easier to do before probate is granted.
    You will have to demonstrate that your father did not understand or was not fully aware of the content of the will or someone else exerted undue influence when the will was created.
    It would help if you could show that your father intended the three of you to inherit equal shares of the whole of his estate, Your brother who is inheriting his property may argue that his father was completely aware that the property was likely to rise in value after his will as it had risen significantly since he bought it.
    Speak to your brother receiving the same as you and discuss whether you want to consult a contentious probate solicitor. The solicitor may decide you have a strong claim and advise that probate should be stopped by filing a caveat.
    You should be aware that contesting a will is an expensive business and you could lose a significant amount from your inheritance if you fail to win the case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X